Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just bought me my first vehicle, a 97 Rav4 4 door awd. I have recently put a system into it, was wondering if you were in my place what would be the priority mods? What would be the first thing you would change or add? i'm leaning towards more HP, I plan on using this vehicle for hunting :D

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Use the system. First where are you going to use your RAV4. City, Country, Drag Race, Road Race, Street killer. Like many of use you might use it for a variety of things. Me, I use it for work, going to and from the university [an hour drive almost everyday]. I have it prepared for this type of use. Performance and luxury wise.

You first have to enjoy your ride, then after you have started to make payments, and you know what you are going to use it for, and how much money you have to spent. Then you know what you need to enhance its use. Always remember, safety and personal details are first. Luxury, Kick Asphalt CD player with speakers, Good Battery, Good cooling system. Safety, like better brakes, shocks, Anti-Sway bars. Then, performance, Intake Filter, Header, Exhaust, Electrical system [MSD] etc. You can even like a turbo kit

I'd advice you to do it by stages. What is important to you might not be important to others. Make a list and check your budget. Almost everyone here does that same thing. One thing at a time and until it's working properly, they move to the next project. You can find a ton of advice and very cool projects here.

These things take time and money. But without a doubt you will enjoy your RAV4, and that most important thing. You will enjoy it for a long time. 8) :wink:

Me, well, click here. BTW, checkout all links for ideas
|
|
V

·
Registered
423 Posts
Spot on Mensa, 12 months ago my Rav4.1 was bog standard ( still a decent motot ). I basically thru reading the Forums decided that the 3 basic mods to do were Exhaust , CAi and Wheels. I have done all 3 ( see my Album). The difference it has made to my Rav is quite noticable. One thihg don,t try and do it ASAP take your time check E/Bay and pick up advice off the Forums and you will get there. ( cricky I sound like my Dad hes a Rav4 nutcase as well)
Good Luck
Clare

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
clare said:
Spot on Mensa, 12 months ago my RAV4.1 was bog standard ( still a decent motot ). I basically thru reading the Forums decided that the 3 basic mods to do were Exhaust , CAi and Wheels. I have done all 3 ( see my Album). The difference it has made to my RAV is quite noticable. One thihg don,t try and do it ASAP take your time check E/Bay and pick up advice off the Forums and you will get there. ( cricky I sound like my Dad hes a RAV4 nutcase as well)
Good Luck
Clare
Clare, I like those exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
I would like to add some information that you guys might over look. Saftey! Good brakes and suspension go hand in hand. So I think you guys should also take a look at it. In my town their is a very long straightaway. Their is a lot of night racing. You can listen those engines doing 8,000RPM+. But when it's time to stop, yaiks :shock: Look mom, no head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts