Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Rav4 Owners - What color did you buy?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 81 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
hey guyz,

what exactly does the blizzard pearl look like?

I can't get an accurate idea of what it looks like from the website or the brochure. The dealerships around me, don't have one of those in yet.

Is it like an off-white or vanilla colour?

8)

A

·
0 Posts
It's very interesting to see these results and I'm not surprised that the red is so popular - the RAV4 really stands out in red. I was sorely tempted by it, as well as by the Pacific blue. But morbid fear of visible scratches after a few years won out and I got the silver, just like my last car. Boring, perhaps, but at least it won't show wear as much. At least I hope.

D

·
0 Posts
Had to chouse between Everglade and Silver, And Everglade was better looking plus I had 2 silver cars before

V

·
0 Posts
My wife and I are considering the nautical blue and the black. She thinks that the light green and the pacific blue are too pastel, and the burgundy red is too common. I haven't seen the white or the off white colours up close. I will update you when we get ours. :p

V

·
0 Posts
some of the results might be skewed as well, because of the fact that certain colours ONLY come in the limite versions and other's come in the base and sport only.

:shock:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wanted my Limited V6 Leather in Black of Silver but I found a dealer who had a fully loaded model in Blizzard Pearl White in the showroom to check it out. Now I didn't like the look of the BPW on the toyota website but wow was I taken back by how it looked in the showroom.

It had a strange metallic white effect that sort of gave off different colors depending on the light source. It really can only be best described as a rich pearl color. I was floored by how good it looked and it left the showroom with me 2 hours later.....

I will post some picks soon. I really should be keeping my mouth shut about how good it looks b4 everyone is rav'ing around in my Blizzard.

Really really floored by how good it looks

R

·
0 Posts
Grav said:
I wanted my Limited V6 Leather in Black of Silver but I found a dealer who had a fully loaded model in Blizzard Pearl White in the showroom to check it out. Now I didn't like the look of the BPW on the toyota website but wow was I taken back by how it looked in the showroom.

It had a strange metallic white effect that sort of gave off different colors depending on the light source. It really can only be best described as a rich pearl color. I was floored by how good it looked and it left the showroom with me 2 hours later.....

I will post some picks soon. I really should be keeping my mouth shut about how good it looks b4 everyone is RAV'ing around in my Blizzard.

Really really floored by how good it looks
Hey Grav!

Like you, I started out wanting my RAV in Black or Silver until I saw the Blizzard Pearl! The first night I went to the dealer, the only V6 on the lot was one being picked up by someone who ordered it and it was in Blizzard Pearl. My reaction was "Wow! That color looks nice!" My husband agreed. A week later, I ended up ordering a V6 Limited 4x4 in Blizzard Pearl! Can't wait to get it!

ravgal

R

·
0 Posts
I got the Savannah Metallic, real nice elegant color, my wife loves it and drives it more than our other car!....More roomier and smooth ride
nice VVT-I 16 VALVE ENGINE in it, Dam love this new 2006 RAV4. :p

·
Registered
218 Posts
Where are all the red ones??? I've only seen two. The one I was going to buy, and the one I bought.

Of course, I haven't seen too many Rav's yet either. 8)

R

·
0 Posts
:doh: My bad don't even know my own RAV color, it's Savannah Metalic
not Blizzard Pearl. :lol:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine is Black. It looks sharp, but my first choice was Flint Mica (I still envy PuttPutt). I couldn't afford to wait for the dealer to locate one, so I reserved a Black Sport that being shipped to them.

As an aside, has anyone had detailing added to their RAV4's? I’d think striping on the black would look good, but it might interfere with domestic tranquility!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Jim, I kind of like the black just as is, nice and sleek. But then I prefer the classic tux with white shirt, no stripes, fluff, or cumberbunds. :D

The poll actually asked what color we bought but I think a few people actually had more than one color choice or had to pick a different color due to trim, availability, etc..

C

·
0 Posts
As soon as I saw the Pacific Blue Rav4 on the showroom floor,
hands down favorite! The picture's online and in the book are nothing like it. You have to see it for yourself.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Like a previous poster, I was worried about scratches showing up, so went with the Savannah Metallic. While it's boring, it's not so to me, because I've never had anything but silver before. So, it's exciting to me.

James

1 - 20 of 81 Posts