Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Rav4 Owners - What color did you buy?

Most popular 2006 RAV4 color?

45K views 80 replies 37 participants last post by  FilCanRT 
#1 ·
I ordered Barcelona Red with Taupe leather. Seems like black and red are hot.

G
#4 ·
hey guyz,

what exactly does the blizzard pearl look like?

I can't get an accurate idea of what it looks like from the website or the brochure. The dealerships around me, don't have one of those in yet.

Is it like an off-white or vanilla colour?

8)

G
#5 ·
It's very interesting to see these results and I'm not surprised that the red is so popular - the RAV4 really stands out in red. I was sorely tempted by it, as well as by the Pacific blue. But morbid fear of visible scratches after a few years won out and I got the silver, just like my last car. Boring, perhaps, but at least it won't show wear as much. At least I hope.

G
#8 ·
My wife and I are considering the nautical blue and the black. She thinks that the light green and the pacific blue are too pastel, and the burgundy red is too common. I haven't seen the white or the off white colours up close. I will update you when we get ours. :p

#11 ·
I wanted my Limited V6 Leather in Black of Silver but I found a dealer who had a fully loaded model in Blizzard Pearl White in the showroom to check it out. Now I didn't like the look of the BPW on the toyota website but wow was I taken back by how it looked in the showroom.

It had a strange metallic white effect that sort of gave off different colors depending on the light source. It really can only be best described as a rich pearl color. I was floored by how good it looked and it left the showroom with me 2 hours later.....

I will post some picks soon. I really should be keeping my mouth shut about how good it looks b4 everyone is rav'ing around in my Blizzard.

Really really floored by how good it looks

G
#13 ·
Grav said:
I wanted my Limited V6 Leather in Black of Silver but I found a dealer who had a fully loaded model in Blizzard Pearl White in the showroom to check it out. Now I didn't like the look of the BPW on the toyota website but wow was I taken back by how it looked in the showroom.

It had a strange metallic white effect that sort of gave off different colors depending on the light source. It really can only be best described as a rich pearl color. I was floored by how good it looked and it left the showroom with me 2 hours later.....

I will post some picks soon. I really should be keeping my mouth shut about how good it looks b4 everyone is RAV'ing around in my Blizzard.

Really really floored by how good it looks
Hey Grav!

Like you, I started out wanting my RAV in Black or Silver until I saw the Blizzard Pearl! The first night I went to the dealer, the only V6 on the lot was one being picked up by someone who ordered it and it was in Blizzard Pearl. My reaction was "Wow! That color looks nice!" My husband agreed. A week later, I ended up ordering a V6 Limited 4x4 in Blizzard Pearl! Can't wait to get it!

ravgal

#17 ·
Mine is Black. It looks sharp, but my first choice was Flint Mica (I still envy PuttPutt). I couldn't afford to wait for the dealer to locate one, so I reserved a Black Sport that being shipped to them.

As an aside, has anyone had detailing added to their RAV4's? I’d think striping on the black would look good, but it might interfere with domestic tranquility!

G
#22 ·
Blizzard Pearl is nice (well, $200 color option)... I almost got it if the sale guys were not too unfriendly...
Got the Nautical Blue Metallic with same options at another dealer... No regret though since Blue seems more "male" to me than the so nice blizzard pearl...

#24 ·
I thought any light colors are fine while finally got a bacelona red metallic... not bad either.
I was going for a savannah metallic limited (or blizzard pearl or silver...) but the dealer told me that one was on her way over the Pacific... the only one with the preferred options was a base trim in red sitting on site. So bought it and stopped car rental. Not easy to meet the right one in March.

#26 ·
I had originally planned on getting Everglade Metallic no questions asked, but the I saw a Pacific Blue 2006 In Real life as the first model I had ever seen...and really liked it. So I decided to consider both colors. When I went for the test drive...my two choices were parked on the lot side by side. I couldn't keep my eyes off the blue, but really still wanted everglade (my favorite color is light green)..thought about it over night and could only imagine having the pacific blue...it will be here in a week and a half. :) Hurray! Both colors are beautiful though. :) And i love barcelona, my mom has a highlander in their red metallic color, which is pretty close to that so I decided not to consider it.... :) my current car is silver...and i also loved the blizzard white pearl...but final decision was Pacific Blue. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.