Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. First post here so apologies in advance if this question has been answered before - a cursory search did not dig up what I was looking for.

I'm in the market for a used RAV4 and was wondering if there was a year that is widely considered most reliable? I'm posting to the 4.5 forum because I'd like a backup camera, and my understanding is those became standard starting with the 2013 model.

Would appreciate any insight on this.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My '15 Limited ran for 90K trouble-free miles before I traded it in on a '18 Adventure. That Adventure now has 35K miles. Only thing needing attention was a blown left-rear speaker.

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE
8 Posts
Just bought a used 2013 rav two actually on the same day.... well in the first 30 days I needed a new torque converter, and A leaking water pump so not thrilled so far, my last car was a corolla 2005 I bought at 18 I’m 32 and she’s still in driveway, she’s rusty and has a bad bearing but that’s all after 200k miles.. time will tell if after these fixes the rav proves to be reliable

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Also check Consumer Reports April editions for several years models reliability reports. Libraries also should have previous years April issues.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Also check Consumer Reports April editions for several years models reliability reports. Libraries also should have previous years April issues.
I’m less inclined to believe a company like Consumer Reports as it is now owned by a large corporation who may be inclined to say anything about a product for a price. The best source comes from those who work on these vehicles, not those who sell or promote them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts