1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
motoring.co.za: Toyota's 'Tonka Toy' grows up

March 10, 2006

By Dave Abrahams

The third-generation Toyota RAV4, first shown at the Frankfurt auto show in September 2005, was launched on the South African market yesterday with a choice of three petrol-engined models; two diesel variants will follow later in the third quarter of 2006.

It's noticeably larger than its predecessor, both inside and out, available only as a five-door, and seems finally to have shaken off the "Tonka Toy" image of the original 1994 model.

More to read at the full article...

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
LOLOL!! Its true. What is Toyota thinking when they allow and not allow certain options and features in different areas and countries. zif every option and feature was offerered everywhere they would sell MORE Ravs. Isn't that what they are in business for???

C

·
0 Posts
No, because by adding MORE options will also INCREASE costs. I think a lot of American buyers are not realizing how lucky we are to have the V6 engine at only a $2,000 price increase. This is an LEXUS engine we are getting! But that is besides the point. Every country has different needs/wants. Sure I would love the navigation system on mine etc..., but I think Toyota feels thats what Lexus is for, the RX 350 has the EXACT same engine as the new Rav4 does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts