Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have a base 06 Rav4 soon.
Base has no option to add the moulded cover.
Anyone know where I can buy the OEM moulded cover?
I dont like the soft cover of Base.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
What's the Canadian "base" cover look like?

All 2006 RAVs here in the US come with COLOR CODED covers (match the vehicle)... even the "base" model :D The only difference is the LIMITED model comes with a LOCKING cover, while all the others are the hybrid type - soft vinyl/elastic back and HARD exterior cover. Appears the COLOR on these new 2006 covers are MOLDED all the way though the plastic, not just a coat of paint 8)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kelly Smith said:

All 2006 RAVs here in the US come with COLOR CODED covers (match the vehicle)... even the "base" model :D The only difference is the LIMITED model comes with a LOCKING cover, while all the others are the hybrid type - soft vinyl/elastic back and HARD exterior cover. Appears the COLOR on these new 2006 covers are MOLDED all the way though the plastic, not just a coat of paint 8)
Couldn't see base in person yet.
Booklet hide base's cover prob intentionally.
but tomorrow I will pick my base up and I must see how it looks like. If it looks plastic, then I dont need hard one to buy. I just dont like the black vinyl old one.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damit!
I picked up my 06 Rav4 base silver colour 3 hours ago.
The spare tire cover is all BLACK soft printed "RAV4".
Just black. Not color matched to body color.
Dissapointed. but looks not tooo bad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
sean20202020 said:
Damit!
I picked up my 06 RAV4 base silver colour 3 hours ago.
The spare tire cover is all BLACK soft printed "RAV4".
Just black. Not color matched to body color.
Dissapointed. but looks not tooo bad.
I went to the dealer's lot yesterday to take a look, and they had a Base model, with a soft cover. I personally didn't like it. The new RAV4 is sleeker and way more refined and the soft cover is just a black vinyl cover, like the one in the old models. Somehow it doesn't looks like it belongs to the car. It is more for off-roaders and I keep thinking on a Lexus RX300 with a soft cover, it looks kind of adhoc, last-minute solution. But then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Molded

The molded cover looks better, for sure, but although I have it I am kind of concerned about it because if someone bumps the back of the vehicle, that molding could be what's going to be bumped instead of a tire encased in vinyl. And then I wonder what is going to happen to both that molding and the bumper...

J

·
0 Posts
Kelly Smith said:

Can the Base and Sport spare tire covers be locked in any way?
Or only the Limited?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts