Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all.

I would like to purchse a Westin Chrome Safari Light Bar (Part # 30-0020 and Mounting Kit Part # 30-1205) for my 2005 RAV. One item of concern, which is causing me to waffle on placing the order, is that the mounting instructions indicate that you have to cut a “notch” on the front plastic shroud for the backside of the Mount Bracket to fit on each side.

My question to the forum is simple, “Does any know the physical size of this required notch?” Although the instructions listed on www.westinautomotive.com are very clear and articulate they do not identify the physical size of the notch.

Although I like the look of the Chrome Safari Light Bar I am not inclined to cutting anything without prior knowledge of the physical size.

I called Westin a few days ago but the phone rep did not know and only restated that a notch is required.

Any assistance from the forum would be greatly appreciated.

Have a wonderful day!

Shorty

·
Registered
986 Posts
I installed one last summer. The notches are cut in the front corners of the black splash shields under the bumper. I used a pair of tin snips to cut the plastic, and although you can really cut the notches any way you want I just cut out 2x2" squares out of the corners for the sake of simplicity. I kinda did it half-assed but I didn't care that much about it being precise.

By the way my avatar is 2 years old so it doesn't show the safari bar, however there are some newer pictures in my personal gallery.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: Safari Bar Install

Jeff,

So in reality what I will be cutting is under and behind the bumper. I was under the impression that I was to cut the notches on the bottom of the bumper.

Thanks for the picture it provided an excellent point of reference.

Thanks for your time and for sharing the knowledge.

LIVE FREE OR DIE!!

Shorty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts