Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leased my Rav4 V6 Sport with SAP in October 2010. I found it to be one of the most enjoyable cars I had ever owned so much so that I bought it at the end of the lease and bought an extended warranty. In the last year or so I new that my next vehicle would be a BMW X3 with the V6, but I thought it would be another 2 or 3 years away. Well this weekend I came across a deal that I could not pass up so I traded my Rav4 (79,800 carefree miles) for a 2014 BMW X3 35i with 42,000 miles. The X3 had the M Sport Package, Dynamic package, technology package, Driver Assist.......you get the idea, it was pretty much loaded with all. The dealer also threw in BMW's extended warranty (6 years / 100K miles), new RFT, and a few other things. I realize that this car is going to be more expensive to service and requires premium fuel but .....it was time. This car has a lot to live up to so I hope it does not disappoint. BTW, my 21 y/o wanted the Rav4 but being a college student and not having any money saved, he wanted me to simply give it to him - that was not going to happen.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sad to see a fellow SAPer goes . . . . . Yes, the X3 is also my go-to when comparing abilities but $$$$ matters here. Enjoy the M-specs X3 with my envies :thumbs_up:

What, doesn't everyone's dad didn't give you a nice new car at 21 to tool around in, for free?:shrug:

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Well, good luck with that! A BMW will be more expensive to insure, not as good gas mileage on premium gas, not as cute and you DO have a kid in college: more money!:egad: Yikes! BUT: it is a BMW. I hope you stay away from being a "typical BMW driver"; :wink:but that you owned a RAV4 for so long, maybe you'll be spared! You should stay in touch and let us all know how things are going. And you'll be welcomed back when you give up the BMW for another RAV4! Enjoy your new ride!:smile

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
Enjoy your BMW! :smile

The last one I drove had a manual gearbox and belonged to a friend who let me put it through its paces. It was built, drove, and shifted with the precision and finesse of an expensive Swiss watch. I would have liked to have one but when she told me about the cost for services and insurance - ouch! I couldn't have afforded one in any event! Still, one can dream . . .:wink

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
Nice ride. Open the hood....straight six.

Reactions: pico
1 - 5 of 5 Posts