Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I used to be able to move from one contact to another in the PHONE screen in my old 2013 Rav4 XLE using the scroll buttons mounted on the steering wheel, but now I cannot do that on my new 2017 Rav4 XLE. The directional buttons on the right side of the steering wheel only control the options in the MID, and the ones to the left don't do anything (what are the up/down ones for?). I can press the CALL button to display the PHONE screen, but from there I need to use the touch screen. Am I missing something?

Also, I was able before to set speed dials in the old car, which were convenient to make quick calls while driving, but now I can only add FAVORITES, and if I have more than one number per name I have to go through one more selection, again using the touch screen. On top of that, the FAVORITES are sorted alphabetically whereas before I could do any order I wanted with my speed dials.

One last thing. Is there a way to go back to the trip information screen after ending a phone call? That used to be the case with my old 2013 Rav, but now this new one keeps going back to the AUDIO screen.

All in all, I am not loving this new PHONE app.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
111 Posts
the ones to the left don't do anything (what are the up/down ones for?).
Don't know what else they're good for, but in audio mode, they are used to scroll through the preset stations in Radio mode and previous/next track when using a USB stick.
Could be used for other things too, but that's all I've tried so far

1 - 2 of 2 Posts