Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a flash drive with many MP3 files (one per album). I have loaded the appropriate metadata (artist, album name, cover image, etc.) to each file.

For some reason, not all of the cover images appear in Entune. I spoke with one of Toyota's customer service reps and he told me that Entune uses something called Gracenote to search a database to get the image.

I think this process is absurd (if it is true) and was wondering if anyone knew how to disable it and have Entune look only at the MP3 file to get the image.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use a flash drive with many MP3 files (one per album). I have loaded the appropriate metadata (artist, album name, cover image, etc.) to each file.

For some reason, not all of the cover images appear in Entune. I spoke with one of Toyota's customer service reps and he told me that Entune uses something called Gracenote to search a database to get the image.

I think this process is absurd (if it is true) and was wondering if anyone knew how to disable it and have Entune look only at the MP3 file to get the image.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks for any info.
Gracenote does kinda stink. But what I have noticed is that on FM stations that display album art (mainly the HD stations), they are able to use real album art instead of the stock pictures they use for the flash drive music. Very odd to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts