1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,134 Posts
And the model you're driving is?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Also have a 2017 XLE. 27.5 mpg on the highway is the best we have gotten. My wife drives it in town so I don't keep track, would like to think it is better than your 16 but wouldn't bet on it. They just don't get great mpg.

Bill

=

·
Registered
49 Posts
The problem with comparison here is that there is a lot of variation when people talk about "city" driving and this can greatly affect gas mileage.

Some people live in a less busy city and are able to keep their car at 30-40mph while driving around town. With some less populated areas, time spent idling their car is almost nil. Gas mileage here should be good.

Compare this to someone who is truly in a very busy urban environment where they might be idling their car at red lights, stop signs, or just sitting in busy traffic for over 50% of their driving. Gas mileage here can be truly horrible.

·
Registered
644 Posts
2016 RAV4 Limited.
Without going to mpg, I am driving 280 miles in city between amber lights.
Same as my 03 CRV without Eco options.
350 miles on highway. Same as my 03 CRV.
Totally disappointed.

And yes. I was getting up to 36 mpg, but in real very careful test drive on 10 miles flat strait road with 55 mph.
In real world the MPG sucks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It depends. How long are your trips? If the engine is cold and I can't go two blocks without hitting a red light, I get 16-18 MPG. If it's hot, 20-22 MPG. If I can go 25-30 MPH for a mile or more without hitting a red light, 25-30 MPG.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
40 minute commute 1 way. Distance is 10 miles. More than half of the commute time is stopped for bumper to bumper traffic and red lights. I usually got about 16 to 18 MPG (winter versus Summer).

·
Registered
202 Posts
I see Toyota ditching the 6 speed tranny and going all CVT in the next generation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts