Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr Miyagi passes away
Pat Morita, the star of 'The Karate Kid' films, has died.
November 25 2005

Pat Morita, the actor who found fame as martial arts master Mr Miyagi in 'The Karate Kid' films, has died.

Born in north California in 1932, the diminuative star started out as a stand-up comic on the LA circuit in the 1960s, before taking on the role of Arnold in the TV show 'Happy Days'.

He also appeared on the big screen in the likes of 'Full Moon High', 'Spy Hard', 'Even Cowgirls Get the Blues' and 'Honeymoon in Vegas'.

But it was playing kindly mentor Miyagi in 'The Karate Kid' that really made him a household name, the character's nuggets of philosophical wisdom and inability to catch flies with a pair of chopsticks proving hugely popular with audiences.

The iconic role earned him an Oscar nomination, and he went on to play the character in three successful sequels.

Morita died at his Las Vegas home of natural causes. He was 73.

:(

·
Registered
875 Posts
So sorry to hear about Mr. Miyagi. He was definitely a childhood hero I'd remember from the 80's. I just saw clips of the movie, Karate Kid a couple weeks ago. I'm glad he lived a good life (as far as I know) and lived long enough to die naturally.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I consider 73 to be a very early age to die, specially being an asian. I don't know if you guys know, but (supposedly) asian people (who don't smoke) tend to live longer. But here's an exception of that rule: my greatgrandpa died when he was 86 and he smoked since he was 16 :?!

Q

·
0 Posts
it sucks that he passed but cant people refer to him from happy days and just as "pat morita"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts