Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, let me answer my own question. I guess the only person who CAN answer this question is me. I’m the only one who has them both installed. They work very well together. On the contrary, I think the smoothens of the 3SFE engine is because of these two parts. In the morning it lights up smooth and fast. Fuel economy is way up. The music system is kicking. It is all gravy. :wink:

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The basic 6A. It works with the 4 cylinders but MSD doesn't want you to know that. It wants you to buy the more expencive MSD PN6320 which is the Grey unit.

But the MSD 6A, PN 6200 will work just as well and it's cheaper.

The only trick is to find someone who knows how to install them. One wire you mesup, you are going to regret it in your wallet. These are not cheap items. I was searching for more then two years who knew how to install them. Long and behold, an ex-student of mine did it for $180.00 bucks. Unless you have a good eye looking under the hood. You won't even see one suspicious wire. He took a whole day to install it, but did an awesome job. He installed it under the front dash board. Getting under their is worth more then $100.00 bucks. I also installed the MSD SS Coil Blaster as you can see in the photo just above the Front Strut Tower Brace. The thick black wire rap you see coming from the coil running along the Front Strut Tower Brace, THAT is it. Also I did the Tach Adapter which is a must have for Toyota electrical tach system. BTW, you will also need a modified ignition Cap and an extra coil wire (also see photo)

Links:
http://www.msdignition.com/coil_blaster_6_8207.htm
http://www.msdignition.com/sci_10.htm

One last thing. If you ever get a hit from the MSD. In other words, an electrical shock. You are going down, and hard. They pack a hell of a punch. So watchout.

K

·
0 Posts
i'd love to try and take that hit... hehehe :lol: nice job on the msd i think ill try that one of these days... :D how much did the msd6a cost there if you dont mind me asking..

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About $179.00, but as I have understood Summit Racing has a special on MSD parts. BTW, don't be fooled from MSD, they will try to sell you the MSD Sport Compact MSD, which is the gray one. But the MSD 6A, will work just as good. The Grey box is a lot more expensive. Don't go to their web site and ask for opinions of installation of the two MSD boxes. They will fence you out like they did to me. After about a year waiting for an answer. An ex student of mine put it together and it works great.
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=/egnsearch.asp&N=400122

K

·
0 Posts
thanks mensa i think the msd6a here costs about $100 i'll check it out one of these days... dude you gotta kick a$$ car!!! makina de karera!!! :D

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’d refer to it as a sleeper. You should see the look on their faces when the RAV4orce starts to pull away to them. Then they start reading my license plate.:wink:
I’ve made small outer mods to a stock engine. A good header, electrical system tricks, cooling system, suspension, Intake, brakes, Next Level module. All have come together to really make a very efficient running engine.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mensajero, do you think you could ask your student how he wired that thing? I'm ready to install mine, but I want to make sure that the diagram you sent me will work. Don't want to destroy my baby :wink:

This is it, in case you don't remember.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Here's the thing though. According to MSD the 8910-EIS is what we need (and have). According to the pictures and the manual I have from them, it still says you need to use the other (green/violet) wire. With the 8910 tach adapter you would use the white wire. They both have the same function, but you are only supposed to use one of them depending on the type of triggering used for your tach. :roll: :?

And for some reason, it works on your system. I wonder how your student did this.

Christ.......Maybe I'll ask MSD just to see what they say.

and the reply is:
"You should install it just as the diagram shows. The white wire will not be used."

·
Registered
432 Posts
It's really the only way I (myself) will be able to do it. But it does make me wonder how yours is working. Maybe there is 2 ways it can work? Sure seems that way. Only time will tell. Hopefully I will have time to do the install this weekend, but we'll see. Weather is kinda cold lately and we know how cold hands and cars go.

:roll: bloody :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts