Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember these;

Well, as you are reading this they ARE being installed. As you can remember, they were stored in my garage for about two years. I finally got the time and right person to install them. I hope to have pictures for you tomorrow afternoon, Thursday at the latest. I hope this will serve a guide to everyone, or who ever is a RAV4 enthusiastic. Next to come, Pivot Ground Kit.

Andrew, our word, "Relentless"

·
Registered
432 Posts
Most excellent dude! You've outdone me again :lol: Hope everything goes well and has no troubles. Be sure to keep us updated.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today, the kid who is installing my MSD kit. Told me some neat stuff. That I would of never known. That is why I'm taking pictures.

Everybody in the forum knew that I had these parts stashed in my garage for two years. This is not a question of who is out doing whom. Sometimes you or other members of the forum do things to their rides to show or to help us learn. The important thing is what we learn from each other. When you lead, you leave a trail. The rest just follows. :wink:

Peace!

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW dnylrq, did you see the MSD web site. They changed its format. Now it's much easier to find information for specific cars. Looks like our questions and criticism made them GET the answers we needed. I trashed them in other forums, including this one. They never answered my request. They paid the price. Negative criticism is the best antidote.

If they don't clean up their acts, they will be left behind and out of business. The internet has helped this lot. Another web site who is feeling the lack of clicks is EBay. Words get around sooner or later when people mess up. And if they want to stay in business, they also must cleanup their act. The next one will be PayPal. So, mark that down as a victory for us little guys. :wink:

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the coil an ignition cable. The coil was a perfect fit. Everything was neatly placed and taped that I honestly wasn't going to mess up anything for a photo. But they placed the MSD just under the dash board. Mustn’t use the heater to much, just to blow the front window when it gets foggy. A little Velcro, as a matter of fact. A big slab of Velcro keeps it from moving around. How does it work? Well give me some time to drive it around.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pancake, the only stupid question, is the one that is not ask.

The intake has two additional filters. There was a little tube that went to the head from the black box. So I just plugged it up with two filters and eliminated the hose. One is red, the other is blue. you have to look closely, the blue one is behind the Nology wires. It just breaths air.

The red bar is a Front Tower Bar. It does the same thing as a Cuzco bar, but it is a lot cheaper. You can check any Toyota Dealer, [or even Brandsport.com] they can get it for you.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mensajero, BTW did you use the diagram taht we originally had for wiring up the MSD or was there some changes that needed to be made?

I'm starting to get jealous here and think I may be having some fun with my stuff next week :D

Unfortunately, I don't have a whole garage full of toys to install though :lol: The other stinker I have is that I just had to buy a new trans. for my work van which ate up $1200 bones that I would have prefered to use in my RAV. :cry:

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I really don't know. That kid installed everything, tomorrow since I'm installing the Pivot ground Kit. I'll take the camara and takes some shoots to try to see HOW he installed it. But I don't know if you went to the MSD web site. It is a lot more easier to find the pdf of your specific installation. I downloaded it. But to tell you the truth, this kids knows his stuff. I don't think he even looked at the book nor the pdf that I left him.

And stop saying your getting jealous, your making me feel bad. :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

B

·
0 Posts
Has anybody ever bothered indexing their plugs? Since the gap of the plug can end up facing several directions, it is important to index them to insure they are all facing the correct direction. Indexing allows for a more complete burn, as the injectors will spray directly into the gap (sparking side) of the plug.

This would be more of a problem with the single tipped plugs. And possibly the reason toyota calls for double tipped plugs.

To index a plug: identify the gap by marking the top of the plug, then identify the direction the injectors are spraying. I believe they spray forward, so you would want the gap facing backwards.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only problem that I see with indexing the plugs is. Looking inside the spark plug whole to see that they are facing the right direction. It’s a little difficult to see. In my Chevy days, it was a piece of cake. BTW, which WOULD be the direction in a 3SFE engine? :?:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts