Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been told they can only have a new 2006 RAV4 if they pay full sticker price? And, if so, did you have to, or did they eventually come down?

R

·
0 Posts
schwartzy1 said:
I didnt have to pay MSRP, i have an order in for a V6 and am a little over 2000 under MSRP.
Can you tell us which dealer you got it from and the specs?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here's what I ordered:

V6 4 x 4 Sport in Flint Mica
6 cd/6 speakers
moonroof
carpeted floor mats
tow package
daytime running lights

i am pretty sure this is all, price paid: 25500 (about 1000 over invoice)

ordered from toyota runnemede (NJ)

T

·
0 Posts
That's what I've been told. Full MSRP, or I can wait to see if the price comes down later in the year.

MoonRav4 said:
Has anyone been told they can only have a new 2006 RAV4 if they pay full sticker price? And, if so, did you have to, or did they eventually come down?

J

·
0 Posts
Yeah, ive been told/heard the same. Much more room to bargain for the I4 than with the V6.. especially now that they are JUST arriving.

Maybe if you waited a few months, you would have better luck getting a good deal, but if you are trying to be the first person to leave the dealership with a V6 - well good luck getting a discount (remember, others are in line as well, and any one of them will gladly take the care if you are trying to play hardball).

Tis unfortunate, but I guess thats what we get for wanting to be the first ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Why wait? You can get a V6 at Fitzgerald in Gaithersburg, MD for $500 over invoice. I'm planning to do just that...order what I want and pick it up there while on vacation this summer.

They also said they'll do the paperwork ahead of time and meet you at the airport or train station and hand you the keys! The heck with these Midwest dealers who won't hardly budge off MSRP...

www.fitzmall.com

·
Registered
179 Posts
MoonRav4 said:
During the first week of January I got that story from 2 dealers in NJ; one didn't have the car we wanted (but said we could order from them at MSRP and wait 8 weeks, or come back in the summer and they would make us a deal), (3 others also didnt have the car, didn't even ask 'em about price); last one where we bought the car also said "MSRP" and I said No, I wanted $1000 below, so they came down $500 (which is what I really expected given it had just come out - I think they said it was their first 06 RAV sale). Now that it is 6 weeks later, it should be easier to find a dealer much less than MSRP, especially if you dont want the V6. Bargain up from the invoice price, being aware the dealer gets a rebate for ever sale so their cost is even less than invoice.
PS Beware of them adding dealer options to make up their profit. Ours tried to sell us Scotchguard for $299 (buy in store for $3) and VIN etching for $399, later lowered to $199 when we said No (buy DIY kit online for $19).

·
Registered
149 Posts
One of the 4 dealers I visited told me that I would pay OVER sticker since they were marking the RAV's up. I told him that I wouldn't pay it, but I'm sure some other suckers would. Ended up getting a decent deal (less than sticker) at another dealer.

·
Registered
363 Posts
One dealer I looked at said they are asking sticker, another much larger one has signs on all their RAV's saying 4% over invoice, including the V6 models.

N

·
0 Posts
I was told by a few dealers only MSRP....i waited a couple days and went to one. Sticker w/options was 25,700 , I got it for about 22,800 after talking to them. 4cyl Sport with remote start and all the other typical sport accesories.

·
Registered
230 Posts
StlRav said:
Why wait? You can get a V6 at Fitzgerald in Gaithersburg, MD for $500 over invoice. I'm planning to do just that...order what I want and pick it up there while on vacation this summer.

They also said they'll do the paperwork ahead of time and meet you at the airport or train station and hand you the keys! The heck with these Midwest dealers who won't hardly budge off MSRP...

www.fitzmall.com
that's exactly what I did...I fly out Saturday am to pick it up.

P

·
0 Posts
StlRav,

Contact me. Im outsude of Chicago and can get you $100 above invoice. Thats what I paid for mine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I actually was given mine for under invoice, thank God. The MSRP was around $26,700, and I was given it for around $24,100. So that was around $2,500 off. It's a 2006 I-4 4x4 Sport w/:

- sunroof
- JBL
- side airbags
- DRLs
- tonneau cover & support poles
- mud guards

If they want to sell it bad enough, then perhaps they'll give you a good deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts