Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i watched the FRANKFURT AUTO SHOW last night at SPEED CHANNEL and they featured the 2006 RAV4 (EURO VERSION). I was surprised :shock: :roll: when the MSRP appeared on the screen...it's MSRP is US$37,00!!! . I'm not sure with the last three digits...are there anyone saw it on the SPEED CHANNEL last night? correct me if i'm wrong with the figures..

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I paid 41.000 USD for my -04 RAV High-grade....so hey why not? Higher prices in Europe :roll:

·
Registered
44 Posts
$41 K for a RAV4??!!!!!
That's way to much money for that car. I paid close to $ 30,000 canadian, which at the time should have been like $ 22-23 K USD, for a Package C, and trust me, I left the place swearing and complaining.
Maybe you pay more for all the options you get. e.g. Navigation system, bluetooth.
If the new RAV4 were hit those prices in Canada I don´t think it will go very well.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what did you put in your rav.. i paid 30k and i was pissed already...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leather seats, same nav as in the -06 one.....expensive yes....but this is f++ing Sweden.....the new RAV4 X-model will prob be 45K USD :roll:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats not possible. A RAV4 does not and will not cost more than a Highlander. A loaded Highlander w/ everything is $35k or less; I just looked at one at the dealer's lot.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It´s not even possible....it´s a fact. A new Lexus RX is 75.000 USD over here.....compare that one :wink:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I misunderstood....that you are speaking of the USD cost in your country....why such a large differential, thats incredible.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was advised the new RAV4s would come in SOMEWHERE between $27-37 Canadian. The sales person informed me that the top model still had to come in cheaper than a Highlander and the base model should still be relatively the same price as today's base model. But we'll see. I can't find any solid information about the car from a Canadian source ... mpg, weight, price, etc.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$300 over is what I was told by an auto broker that sources out to dealers nationwide. This was validated by the local Toyota dealer fleet manager.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I don't have facts to share, but definitely got some opinions.

Damn! That's a butt load to pay for a rav4. With all the new stuff and bigger engine I can imagine it would cost more, but given that it's the entry level suv, I can't see how that would make sense for toyota to change the pricing to that extreme. It's almost as if the car is now for a different market. That might not be such a great bet businesswise for toyota. I think this is especially true since Toyota's taken the effort to offer SUVs for every class. I think Toyota has the most SUV's in their line of cars.

Good and bad thing about rav4's is that everything's an option. No real packages but you get only what you pay for.

For anything that costs over $35,000 USD, it will have a hard time competing with the other cars in and out of it's class. I'd keep an eye out for the ones when they come out onto the lot. I highly doubt that it would hit anywhere near even $30,000. Aren't cars getting better and cheaper?

Mine was $24,600 out the door and it's a 2002 with pretty much all the good stuff except to ABS, limited slip, leather, and power seats. I've seen some come off the lot for as little as 18,000 USD. There's definitely a range.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Carprices...

Try living in Denmark.....
You pay for 3 cars but only get one....

2004 RAV-4 in standard 2.0 D4D: 63.643 EURO - Beat that..
The luxurypack for 4WD: 5.377 EURO is NOT included.

But we have the opportunity to buy a Van-edition with only 2 seats, for a tax-reduction so that the RAV-4 then wil cost 39.500 EURO. But then we have to pay 4-times the anual road tax.

I wish I were swedish.....
:D :D

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
zoomie said:
I don't have facts to share, but definitely got some opinions.

Damn! That's a butt load to pay for a RAV4. With all the new stuff and bigger engine I can imagine it would cost more, but given that it's the entry level suv, I can't see how that would make sense for toyota to change the pricing to that extreme. It's almost as if the car is now for a different market. That might not be such a great bet businesswise for toyota. I think this is especially true since Toyota's taken the effort to offer SUVs for every class. I think Toyota has the most SUV's in their line of cars.

Good and bad thing about RAV4's is that everything's an option. No real packages but you get only what you pay for.

For anything that costs over $35,000 USD, it will have a hard time competing with the other cars in and out of it's class. I'd keep an eye out for the ones when they come out onto the lot. I highly doubt that it would hit anywhere near even $30,000. Aren't cars getting better and cheaper?

Mine was $24,600 out the door and it's a 2002 with pretty much all the good stuff except to ABS, limited slip, leather, and power seats. I've seen some come off the lot for as little as 18,000 USD. There's definitely a range.
Remember again that the US$37k is the European price after it's converted from Euros to US dollars. They likely have a bad exchange rate to Japan and the addition of various tariffs and taxes that are painful to imagine in the states.

Like Kelly said, the 2006 RAV4 is expected to be priced very close to the outgoing 2005 model -- somewhere in the neighborhood of a mid-$19k base price. Unfortunately, I'd also expect close to a $7k upward swing when the options list is maxxed out. By no means should anyone go by the Speed Channel's figures (unless they actually live in Europe) until its introduction at the Tokyo Motor Show (this week) and the SEMA show in November when we'll get official pricing from Toyota.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts