Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information as to where is the best place to purchase MUD GUARDS for a 2013 RAV4 Limited. I am also looking for instructions on how to install if they are simple to put on. thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
My 2015 XLE came with the mud guards. In my opinion the front OEM ones are too short and allow snow and slush to fling up under the door and when I exit the car I see a line of slush on the bottom of the inside of the drivers door a little ways up. If your limited has running boards then it will not be an issue.

Frank 2015 XLE AWD with 8700 miles

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Several of the Toyota dealers have online sales. These guys had a good price on my gen 4.3 mudguards. $56 + $8 shipping. No sales tax and made up for shipping by stocking up on cabin, oil and air filters, gaskets, snap rivets, whatever--also at good prices. Looks like similar pricing for your 2013:

Genuine OEM Toyota Parts & Accessories | toyotajaxparts.com

For install, I Googled around and it was easy. Also if you search Amazon for your mudguards--has customers who often post install notes in the reviews. Probably some tips on this forum also, try the 'search' feature.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Have only had my Limited for a month, but purchased mud flaps off the internet and installed them myself the first weekend. Think I got my set off Amazon. They were about half the price that the local dealerships sell them. An instruction sheet is included. Installation was very, very simple. You reuse some screws, and new screws at included. The location for installing the new screws have a little dimple showing exactly where the screw goes on the plastic fender-well piece. Only 'gotcha' is that it helps to have a short-handled screw driver. If you only have regular screw drivers, you'll have to remove the rear wheels, (just turn the steering wheel to obtain clearance on the fronts). It's worth a trip to the hardware store to get a stubbie, or one of those right-angle screw drivers.

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
529 Posts
Have only had my Limited for a month, but purchased mud flaps off the internet and installed them myself the first weekend. Think I got my set off Amazon. They were about half the price that the local dealerships sell them. An instruction sheet is included. Installation was very, very simple. You reuse some screws, and new screws at included. The location for installing the new screws have a little dimple showing exactly where the screw goes on the plastic fender-well piece. Only 'gotcha' is that it helps to have a short-handled screw driver. If you only have regular screw drivers, you'll have to remove the rear wheels, (just turn the steering wheel to obtain clearance on the fronts). It's worth a trip to the hardware store to get a stubbie, or one of those right-angle screw drivers.
did the ones you got help with the snow? and if they did what is their name?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I purchased my Toyota stock mud guards on Amazon. The rear guards work fine but the front guards are not long enough, slinging mud half way up the front doors. I attached about 3" of black plastic making them longer. Now the mud doesn't make it past the rocker panels.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I got Toyota OEM flaps. They do look and fit seamlessly. Like they belong and were part of the original design. If I had a 'do over', I'd get them again.

No snow yet where I live. Did help in the rain storm we had the other week. You might have heard about it on the news. Bunch of cars were buried in mud. As mentioned, the RAV is still pretty new to me.

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
846 Posts
Damn. The sales manager hasn't given me a price so I dare not ask for extras as he will likely just pad it to the vehicle purchase price.

Are running boards standard on the 2016 Limited and even with it, does it make sense to upgrade the front mudguard (if too narrow or short), seems awfully weird for a top of the line trim not to have mudguards.

hopefully they fixed all that in the 2016 models. :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I don't know, when I leased my last 2 Toyotas I asked for and got OEM mud guards and all weather mats thrown in at no extra charge. However, I bought my XLE's OEM mud guards on line and installed them myself - no deals this time around, but the XLE's price was great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought some mud guards for my wife's Rav but where it is supposed to screw into the very bottom there is a big hole. I am guessing whatever plug goes there has fallen out. Can someone point me in the right direction to get a replacement? Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought some mud guards for my wife's Rav but where it is supposed to screw into the very bottom there is a big hole. I am guessing whatever plug goes there has fallen out. Can someone point me in the right direction to get a replacement? Thanks.
It's just a plastic push type fastener. They are a few bucks each from the stealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's just a plastic push type fastener. They are a few bucks each from the stealer.
I actually found some plastic toggle like screws, like the ones that go in the wall to hold things up, that fit perfectly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts