Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

Purchased some mud flaps off of ebay from a Toyota dealer.

Some questions:

1) Did anyone flaps within the box come wrapped or were they loose?
2) Perusing the instructions, it seems as if no drilling is required. Is this correct?
3) Are the flaps marked in any way as to which goes in the front or rear on the same side?
4) I think I only saw two screws in the box. Is this correct? Are the necessary screws already on the vehicle?

Thanks!

Tom

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
hmmmmmm, me thinks you have a set for the Sport with the flares. They will not work on a Limited. With a limited you get a bag of screws and fasteners and you have to drill 2 holes..

The flaps are labled I think.. If I remember right.. RF, LF etc
here was my thread on the install

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2543

·
Registered
654 Posts
I agree with Frank. It sounds like you were shipped the wrong ones. The ones for w/flares only come with 2 screws and 2 grommets for the back flaps. All others use the existing ones on the vehicle.

Mine came loose in the box, a couple of them had thin plastic covers over them. The box it came in was a bit smashed but everything looked fine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just received mine yesterday from eBay seller toyotamall1. Won the bidding at 49.50 so after shipping and handling I saved 5.50. Not much but better than nothing! :)

They arrived within a couple of days and were in a slightly dinged up Toyota box. None were wrapped in any plastic, but the box had a bag of screws and stuff taped to the bottom and a set of instructions (which certainly could be better - not horrible - but not great either).

I'd concur with flyingn and puttputt that they sent you the Sport edition not Limited edition flaps.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a set of Limited mudflaps from Deland Toyota on Ebay and they were a snap to install. Took all of about 20 minutes total. In fact, I found that the screw holes that needed to be opened on the back fender could be opened with a small phillips screwdriver. My flaps came in a box, individually wrapped, labeled, and with the correct hardware attached to one of the front and one of the rear flaps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts