Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More grateful to member "flyingn" for posting 2006 Limited mudguard installation procedure. He knew more about this than the Toyota dealer who said no drilling holes were required. I installed mine my self and again was most grateful to "flyinggn" stating about the dimples for drilling hole locations on the bumper for rear mudguard installation. Toyota instructions were not clear about this. Concerned about damaging paint and body I elected not to remove the rear bumper to gain access for drilling the holes because of the rear wheel interference. I deviated from the Toyota procedure and removed the rear wheel instead for drilling.

The mudguards look extremely sharp of my metallic silver V6 Limited and matches the black window trim very nicely. Thanks again "flyingn" for your great help on this with your mudguard installation post awhile back. Made things a lot easier for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I too referred to that thread. While having an alarm put in my Rav4 I asked the dealer to throw on the mudguards I picked up on Ebay. When I went to get the car they only had the front on. When I asked why they told me I had purchased the wrong one's for the back.

Once I got home and did a little investigating I found that the back flaps fit fine! I believe the lazy mechanic working on my car didn't want to be bothered with removing the back tires to install the rear ones properly. I wound up popping the tires off myself and putting them on after reviewing flyingn's posts.

I then phoned in a complaint to the service department at the dealer just to make myself feel better...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I picked up my mudguards from the dealer I asked the service manager how much they charge to install the mudguards. It was $45.00 which cinched doing it myself. Took me a little over an hour to do the job including the drilling.

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
Apparently not all dealers are as liberal, mine charged me $167 for the mudguards and installation. :x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello everybody!
Just installed my mudguards yesterday, took only about 15 minutes. Only tool used was a stubby Phillips #2 screwdriver. I did not have to drill the holes for the rear ones – they were there already, just covered with paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts