Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, well after some weeks waiting time to get this parts painted here is. Let me know what do you think.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flyingn said:
look nice.. but are they OEM Toyota flaps? Cause mine dont have that extra ridge on em..
yes they are oem from deland toyota...i paid $40 for the set and my friend painted for me.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Masterblaster said:
Snowserpent said:
That looks really good! Are those backup sensors on your RAV? Didn't know that was an option! :shock:
me thinks they are probably aftermarket, they arent color matched.
yep its aftermarket ones, the dealer installed for free in the rav4. I didnt painted cause they suppose to work better without any paint and believe me with the huge wheel cover in the back is more easy to park anywhere!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Free is good! Free is always good.

I hate backing this vehicle up still till I get more comfortable with it. I just got curb parking down to a science. :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
BACK UP SENSORS

If your looking at back up sensors take a look at these radar versions. A little more expensive but seem to have some nice benfits if you read the website info on why.

Also no holes in bumper, can work through bumper or plugs into hitch. A guy has these on EBAY for $99.00
http://www.sensetech.com/ga_models.htm

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Re: BACK UP SENSORS

JIMD4 said:
If your looking at back up sensors take a look at these radar versions. A little more expensive but seem to have some nice benfits if you read the website info on why.
This is a dealer installable option in Canada..(along with side mouldings)

Frustrating that we can not get them in the US.. :wall

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

summerwind said:
JIMD4 said:
This is a dealer installable option in Canada..(along with side mouldings)

Frustrating that we can not get them in the US.. :wall
really not in US, omg, here my dealer has a lot of things for the ravs.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

really not in US, omg, here my dealer has a lot of things for the ravs.
You have a great find in Florida if this dealer has access to accessories not normally provided in the US.

Do they also offer the Canadian side moulding??

By the way the painted flaps look great.
Added it to my list of future things to do

Backup sensors.. don't know if the Toyota system can be turned off or not but if it can't those with the V6 that tow things behind their RAV's will get a surprise...

When you put the car in Reverse it senses the trailer and sounds the alarm :wall

You need to be able to turn the system off if you are towing a trailer :mrgreen:

·
Registered
652 Posts

summerwind said:
Backup sensors.. don't know if the Toyota system can be turned off or not but if it can't those with the V6 that tow things behind their RAV's will get a surprise...

When you put the car in Reverse it senses the trailer and sounds the alarm :wall

You need to be able to turn the system off if you are towing a trailer :mrgreen:
A simple bike rack may not be too happy with them either.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well after some hard rain, im starting to love more the MG, its a very good invest on the car, also all the people like the new look.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Painted Mudguards

Xenon-Shop. said:
hi there, well after some weeks waiting time to get this parts painted here is. Let me know what do you think.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a follow-up to your post, how is the paint holding up on your mudguards. Are they painted on both sides? The side not subjected to sand, gravel, etc should be OK - but the road side must take a beating ??

I just ordered mine from Deland and am debating about painting them to match our '07 Savannah Limited.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Looks sweet..........

·
Registered
953 Posts
Nice! With the darker colored RAV's I don't see the point of painting the mudflaps, but it definitely will enhance the look of the lighter colored ones.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts