Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

2007 Rav4 Sport 3.5L V6 130,000 miles.

I was on my way back from D.C. two nights ago and the CEL, VSC, and 4WD lights came on. The car seemed to be running fine.

I scanned the codes yesterday and they are:

P0171 System too lean bank 1
P0174 System too lean bank 2
P0015 B Camshaft position sensor timing over retarded bank 1
P0017 Crankshaft position camshaft position correlation bank 1
P0014 B camshaft position timing over advanced or system performance bank 1

I drove the car last night and it felt ok. This morning my wife reported that she "felt a vibration" (engine miss?) when stopped.

Up until the trip to D.C. the car was fine. All of this seemed to happen at once.

My wife did say that the lights came on once while she was driving it. She said she turned the car off and back on again and the stayed off.

Any ideas? Am I looking at one problem or multiple issues? Which should I fix first?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I found this on OEMDTC.com

New-design control valves are now available to resolve the issue. Four OCVs are found on the 2GR-FE engine—two on each bank.

Determining which valve or valves have gone bad is simply a matter of writing down the codes you pull with your Diagnostic Scanner.

If you get DTCs P0011, P0012 and/or P0016, the intake OCV on bank 1 could be bad; replace it.

If you pull codes P0021, P0022 and/or P0018, the intake OCV on bank 2 could be bad; replace the valve .

Got DTCs P0014, P0015 and/or P0017 stored hard? The exhaust OCV on bank 1 could be bad; replace it, (yes, it’s identical to the intake control valve on bank 2).

And finally, if you pull codes P0019, P0024 and/or P0025, the exhaust OCV on bank 2 could be bad; replace it.

Does anyone agree?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More (different) Codes

Update:

I replaced the brake vacuum booster thinking that was the source of my vacuum leak.
I replaced the exhaust OCV bank 1 with a brand new one from Toyota.
Cleared the codes.

The CEL came on again. The codes are:

Stored-

P0011 Camshaft position timing over-advanced or system performance Bank 1
P0012 Camshaft position timing over-retarded Bank 1

Pending-
P0016 Crankshaft position camshaft position correlation Bank 1 Sensor A
P0300 Random multi-cylinder misfire detected

Also, the engine is idling around 1,500 RPM and the fuel consumption is up.

It would appear that the problem moved over one OCV, from the exhaust OCV to the intake OCV on Bank 1.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

We drove the car over the weekend. The lights were on but it ran really well. My wife reported this morning that all of the lights are out and the car is running fine.

Perhaps it took the computer that long to learn the new OCV?

In the mean time I ordered the Intelligent Scanner for Toyota. I will see what the Intelligent Scanner tells me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey Zapatito,

I have been getting the P0014 and P0015 code. I noticed this is part of what you are dealing with. I was wondering what the eventual solution was for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts