Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I drug and dropped my music from my itunes on to a thumb drive and it plays good except for one BIG exception. It shows each group in its own album if you will. All my Kansas songs are in one group and all my 3 Dog Night (I'm old, ok) are in another group. So if you click on a Kansas song then it just plays the 3 songs in that album and won't cycle through the rest of the songs. How can I correct this? If I copy them to a CD as MP3 songs then I don't have this problem but small thumb drives are so much nicer. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
I've had the same problem when using my Eclipse Supra Fit as a music player and connecting it via a stereo cable which has mini stereo plugs (no USB connector on my RAV). I don't know of any way for changing this. It's actually more efficient to make MP3 CDs with multiple albums (I've gotten up to eight on a CD so far) and the RAV's system will play them through from beginning to end of the disk without having to start each album.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have the same problem. i use windows and wonder if setting windows to show hidden files and folders and removing all album info would solve this problem. need to find the motivation to try it. do all usb drive work the same?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's actually more efficient to make MP3 CDs with multiple albums
I have made the CD's and they work fine, but there really isn't a good place to store CD's in the RAV and you can store 6 or 8 thumb drives just about anywhere.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only way to make it play as you want is delete the tag "Artist" from the files and rename all files in the "album" to the same name. Renumber all files 1-200+. This way it will play all files in the order you make them. Problem is the artist info on screen is missing and the album info only show what you named. There should be a setting that allows you to "Play All" on the usb but there isn't. The Ford's sync system had it but you had to drill down many levels to find the setting. The probem with the Sync system is that it would on occasion forget there was a usb inserted and you would have to start all over again. Total Memory loss.

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
With my plug-in music player I would need to create a single album by removing the tags, as Digital Bill notes. That happened inadvertently with another music player and one result was that no onscreen info was then available. The player will play through 240 tracks but one has to have a good memory in order to know what is being played at a particular moment, especially if one of the original albums contains material of the same genre, and in that situation between I Tunes and the player all of the tracks were renamed Track 10!

My 4.3 RAV has a large storage bin in the console between the front seats - great for stashing CDs. As I looked through JuneBug's list of features dropped for the 4.4 it appears that bin was eliminated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only way to make it play as you want is delete the tag "Artist" from the files and rename all files in the "album" to the same name.
Question is, how would I do this or what program would I use to do this? I really don't care if I have the Artist info, as long as I can listen to the music.

Found it on Youtube. Now to just remove all the album names.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
UPDATE - I noticed if you go to BROWSE up at the top it says - ALBUM - ARTIST - SONGS. Well if you click on Songs, then it will list all of the songs and when you play them, it will play all of them in order or you can set it to play then in a Random order. So I guess it does do what I need it to do.

UP Update - I lied. It worked once (don't know why) now it won't go from album to album. So I removed all the Album names and everything is good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts