Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my car recently 2015 rav4 and had high expectations from the jbl audio system. I understand that the speakers aren't the best sounding, I can get used to it but what frustrates me is the audio player.

Playing from USB, I don't see the folders. Looks like this is a feature Toyota has skipped. Are there any workarounds for it? Would really like to see folder wise.

Again playing from USB, the car seems to resume the last played song but it forgets if I was playing all random songs or was playing from an album and seems to just play some songs or play random songs (still unclear to me what it's doing). Anyone plagued by this? Any resolutions?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I may have a different head unit in my 2016, but yes there is no folder browsing function. Your files must have all the usual tags in place for the system to be useful. When you open the file playback screen you should have tabs for album, artist and songs. If you go into the songs list, at the very top should be a selection for random playback. This is different from using the "random" button elsewhere in the system. Once you make this selection it will continue playing random songs forever no matter if you shut it off or not. All this gets re-set if you make any changes to the USB drive you're using.

All this is only possible after the system has had time to fully index the drive, which could take 15-30 min depending on the number of files on the drive. I have about 6000 and the initial indexing can take 20 min. Once that is done it will only need a quick indexing each time the system is powered on, maybe 3-5 min. During that 3-5 min if a song ends it will default to the first file on the drive, then resume random after that. Again, making any changes to the drive re-sets everything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I may have a different head unit in my 2016, but yes there is no folder browsing function. Your files must have all the usual tags in place for the system to be useful. When you open the file playback screen you should have tabs for album, artist and songs. If you go into the songs list, at the very top should be a selection for random playback. This is different from using the "random" button elsewhere in the system. Once you make this selection it will continue playing random songs forever no matter if you shut it off or not. All this gets re-set if you make any changes to the USB drive you're using.

All this is only possible after the system has had time to fully index the drive, which could take 15-30 min depending on the number of files on the drive. I have about 6000 and the initial indexing can take 20 min. Once that is done it will only need a quick indexing each time the system is powered on, maybe 3-5 min. During that 3-5 min if a song ends it will default to the first file on the drive, then resume random after that. Again, making any changes to the drive re-sets everything.
On my 2016 SE I had the same problem when I would shut off the vehicle and restart it would pick up the song that was playing but would not cycle through any other songs until I hit the random again. I called Toyota and they said they were working on a fix. A few months ago I saw there was an update and had the dealer install it and mine works properly now. My wife also has a Rav and hers did not have the issue but mine did. The difference I saw was the firmware for hers was newer than mine. Once they updated it they matched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts