Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into a store this past Friday evening to exchange a gift. When I came out of the store I saw a green piece of paper on my front windshield. I thought it was a flyer of some sorts and went out and opened it up. It was the name, phone number and insurance carrier of someone who backed into me. I ran out to the rear of my RAV 4 and saw the damage. Backed right into the passenger side rear quarter of my RAV 4.

Saturday, I had a estimate to get it fixed and it was over $800.00!
Of course, the woman's insurance company is going to pay for the damages. As mad as I was, I was thankful enough that someone had the courtesy to take blame and leave the note. :lol:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...geeez not good, but you are lucky that someone took
reponsibility and fessed up!
...still its the inconvenience of it all, sorry to hear :(

·
Registered
252 Posts
Damn your lucky that the other driver have the courtesy!!
I remembered my uncle's Camry got reversed on and the other driver just drove off. But there was a witness that took the number plate of the other car and waited until my uncle returned to the car.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the car back this past Wednesday completely repaired. Car looks like it did before! I highly recommend Schmidt's Auto Repair in Amherst, NY.

·
Registered
994 Posts
My Rav 4 was back into by a girl talking on a cell phone. She was sticking out in an intersection and thought she was going to be hit by a car. She didn't look in her rearview mirror. Smashed my bumper, broke my air conditioning condensor, and pushed the condensor into my radiator. Total cost to fix was $2,300.00. Luckly she admitted fault and her insurance paid for it.

Now my Rav 4 is fixed!

·
Registered
994 Posts
My insurance broker told me that all she had to do is say it was my fault and I would have had to pay for everyting. I had no witnesses, and it was my word against hers. She would have won because the accident looked like I could have hit her from behind.

My broker told that if you ever get in an accident, the first thing you do is try to find a witness. I remember when she hit me, there was a guy walking his dog, standing at the corner and he seen what had happened. I went out to see what had happened and I did not even think about getting his name and phone number. Lucky the girl was an honest person.

The car she was driving was a 1999 Nissan Sentra. The only damage on her car was a large scratch on her bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts