Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
kuj said:
JDM = Japan Domestic Market

For the U.S, the term would be USDM (U.S. Domestic Market).
...and what does that mean?

(Or, what does that imply?)

·
Registered
149 Posts
JDM means the vehicle, option, part, or accessory is manufactured for the cars sold in Japan. These usually differ from those parts that are made for the US market (USDM) by design, function, aesthetics. These parts are therefore rarely found on US vehicles.

W

·
0 Posts
If you noticed the logo on the front grille, it's not the standard Toyota logo. This is the Netz logo (Japanese dealership for Toyota). The other visible difference is that there is a kerb mirror on the left side.

G

·
0 Posts
u're allowed to import such a new jdm car into canada? i thought it has to be at least 15 years old in order to import cars overseas? the nav systems in japan are crazy very nice :D

M

·
0 Posts
GSX4 said:
Nice setup! I also like the antenna mounted at the rear and not like the cheesy US versions!
Me too...but if I had a choice, i'd rather my cheezy antenna than the funky curb mirror

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just out of curiousity, what's the name of that colour?

the thing is, I've ordered what is called Dark Grey Mica here in the caribbean market, but it has the same code, 1E0, as the north american Flint Mica.

there are no Dark Grey Micas on the road yet, so I don't know what the exact colour looks like.

From looking at some of the pics on this site, Flint Mica appears to have a hint of green in it.

But considering I've ordered a colour with the name Dark Grey Mica, I'm wondering if it looks more like yours now.

Do you have the colour name and code?

M

·
0 Posts
Flint Mica is basically a dark grey base coat with a LOT of "mica" or what used to be called "pearl coat" in the first few clear coat layers. It is usually applied in 3 layers. -base -pearl/mica -clear ... this is from my years as an autobody painter, so things may have changed since then.

This layer of mica allows the paint to reflect all of the colours in a specific wavelength from the mica in the sun, and appear simply grey, in the shade.

I have the Flint Mica on my sport model and I love the way it "sparkles" in the sun! 8)

·
Registered
13 Posts
@ser02rav4

Great looking car, looks almost the same as the RAV4 I’m going to get in June.

Why almost?!? In Europe we don’t have a Sport version. The only version with the 18” alloy wheels is the high-end diesel version. And even then it’s only an option if you order them with run-flat tires. Of course it’s possible to order these wheels but they are only available in a run-flat configuration which is incompatible with the petrol version I ordered (no tire pressure warning system).
I see your RAV4 has a spare-tire on the back door, so I’m guessing you don’t have run-flat tires on your car. Is it possible for you to find out what the part number is for the 18” OEM wheels? I would greatly appreciate it.

- Jack -

P.S. Congratulations with the new RAV4 and hopefully a lot of happy and save miles (kilometres) with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts