Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Have You Heard About RAV4 Edge Issues In Australia?

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Tell me more

Votes: 6 50.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

In October last year I bought a Jan 2019 RAV4 Edge (Adventure in the states). It was awesome for the first two months, then I've had nothing but trouble. Not just the same issue repeatedly, but a whole raft of issues that have had it back at the dealer for 11 days since mid February this year, including being towed back one. That's not including the actual scheduled service.

I've been back to the dealer, who helped me put a complaint in with Toyota Australia. It's been seven weeks now and after following up repeatedly I keep getting the run around. I've had no genuine visibility of their process or what the actual hold up is. Apart from being so very disappointed in what is supposed to be legendary reliability, I'm also experiencing what I can only call an epic fail with process and customer service.

There's a lot more to this story.....I'm working on a video content piece about my experience both with what has gone wrong with the car, how its been handled by the local dealer and Toyota Australia, and a few other little surprises I've had along the way as a first time Toyota customer. I'm not a whinger or opportunist - just someone who believes there needs to be a bit more accountability for acting in line with the stated values in the guest charter.

Keep an eye out for the video later this week.....

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,325 Posts
I would be tempted to abandon it in a shady part of town with the key in it. ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Reactions: SoNic67

·
Registered
319 Posts
I was about to order an Edge/Adventure in Oct too (was for immediate delivery) but I read the issues here and pulled the pin and switched to the hybrid (and a 9 month wait middle finger to Toyota Au). Glad I waited coz you aren’t the first with the mooing transfer case and transmission shifting quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.