Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been on this forum for quite sometime. Discussing mods, trims, the hybrid gas tank situation, you name it, I've been apart of the discussions. This forum has the absolute greatest people.

I purchased my 2020 Rav4 XSE in December 2019. I have slowly made numerous modifications, some big and appealing, so small but very functional. I feel like my car is finally close to completion and I can share it with you all.

Can't thank enough, the numerous members that have helped me with questions I had and have answered my DMs behind the scenes. Shoot, I even sold and shipped a member on here my OEM XSE wheels. Couldn't ask for a better group to be apart of! Hope you all have a great day!

Here is the list of all the mods (big and small) I've changed from the stock 2020 XSE trim

-NICHE - M224 GAMMA Gloss Black (19" x 8.5", 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, +35 offset) wheels
-Falken - Wildpeak A/T TRAIL (235/55 19)
-black lug nuts/wheel locks
-DC Sports EX-1012B Black muffler tips
- TRD All weather mats (from TRD Off-Road model)
-Hella horn swap
-infinity reference ref-3032cfx (with adapter) dash speaker replacement
-Vehicle wrap gloss black front/rear gray trim pieces and blackout chrome window trim
-Window tint
-blackout vehicle emblem covers (from Toyota)
-Front Toyota badge/sensor Lamin-x smoke film
-illuminated window switch for all doors and lock/unlock for driver door
-front LED turn signal bulbs
-LED Reverse bulbs
-smoked side mirror dynamic turn signals
-all interior lights LED swap
-Interior LED Cargo Hatch Lights
-tint film over passenger airbag indicator (was too bright for my liking)
-USB blue accent light for rear floor bed
-Tri-Color grill badge 馃煢
-TRD fuel cap garnish

Custom License Plate:
RIP Kobe

Registered
Captain,
Nice modifications. Some of those should have been Toyota options.
John

Registered
'19 Rav4 XLE Hybrid--Magnetic Gray Metallic
Excellent modifications, Glad to hear you've reached your goal of making the Rav4 your own. I also agree that the people on this forum are exceptional, and very helpful.

Registered
馃嚚馃嚘 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
Sweet ride, didn鈥檛 realize you were working on so many mods behind the scenes! Congrats on fuelling the addiction 馃嵒

Registered
Very professionally done. Great job. I changed to the hella horn based on your write up. Thanks for sharing 馃憤

Registered
2020 RAV4 XSE HYBRID SILVER
I've definitely done some of these mods and will continue to do more.
Still scared to pull the map light console off the 2020 for LEDs (cuz i read it was different/ people broke it)

Almost went with the exhaust tips but was worried a 9 inch tip would stick out too far so just painted the stock black.

I want to do the silver trim pieces in gloss black wrap too potentially.

You should post some in daylight 馃槉 though I know the theme is dark haha

Registered
2019 Toyota RAV4 XLE PREMIUM AWD
I've been on this forum for quite sometime. Discussing mods, trims, the hybrid gas tank situation, you name it, I've been apart of the discussions. This forum has the absolute greatest people.

I purchased my 2020 Rav4 XSE in December 2019. I have slowly made numerous modifications, some big and appealing, so small but very functional. I feel like my car is finally close to completion and I can share it with you all.

Can't thank enough, the numerous members that have helped me with questions I had and have answered my DMs behind the scenes. Shoot, I even sold and shipped a member on here my OEM XSE wheels. Couldn't ask for a better group to be apart of! Hope you all have a great day!

Here is the list of all the mods (big and small) I've changed from the stock 2020 XSE trim

-NICHE - M224 GAMMA Gloss Black (19" x 8.5", 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, +35 offset) wheels
-Falken - Wildpeak A/T TRAIL (235/55 19)
-black lug nuts/wheel locks
-DC Sports EX-1012B Black muffler tips
- TRD All weather mats (from TRD Off-Road model)
-Hella horn swap
-infinity reference ref-3032cfx (with adapter) dash speaker replacement
-Vehicle wrap gloss black front/rear gray trim pieces and blackout chrome window trim
-Window tint
-blackout vehicle emblem covers (from Toyota)
-Front Toyota badge/sensor Lamin-x smoke film
-illuminated window switch for all doors and lock/unlock for driver door
-front LED turn signal bulbs
-LED Reverse bulbs
-smoked side mirror dynamic turn signals
-all interior lights LED swap
-Interior LED Cargo Hatch Lights
-tint film over passenger airbag indicator (was too bright for my liking)
-USB blue accent light for rear floor bed

Custom License Plate:
RIP Kobe
Nice ride captain! I can second that I鈥檝e def learned a lot from this forum and 90% of my mods wouldn鈥檛 be possible or be brave enough to attempt without the help and feedback of you guys. If I didn鈥檛 stumble on this forum, make an account and start reading! Thanks to this great community 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I've definitely done some of these mods and will continue to do more.
Still scared to pull the map light console off the 2020 for LEDs (cuz i read it was different/ people broke it)

Almost went with the exhaust tips but was worried a 9 inch tip would stick out too far so just painted the stock black.

I want to do the silver trim pieces in gloss black wrap too potentially.

You should post some in daylight though I know the theme is dark haha
Yea the map light console was a little tough to pull down, but if you're careful and patient it can be done without breaking. I pulled the entire thing out of the roof swapped the lights and it popped right back in with a little force.

Ya the tips IMO look great and don't stick out beyond the rear bumper. Just had to set it back a little further

I'll snap a few day shots soon

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #11

Registered
Is that a separate USB light in the little compartment to the left of the steering wheel? or is it part of the illuminated switch panels?

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Is that a separate USB light in the little compartment to the left of the steering wheel? or is it part of the illuminated switch panels?
That's how the XSE trim comes, with a few blue accent lights around the cabin

Registered
Is that grey or silver color? Its hard to tell in the twilight. Also, what type of wax/sealant are you using?

Also, in case you were not aware, the Rav4H is eligible for access to the HOV lanes and free access to the new 95 Express lanes from Ft Lauderdale south. If you ever travel to Miami on 95 its a great help.

How are those tires in the rain? So far my factory Dunlops are good at around 10K miles.

Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime SE
How easy is that exhaust tip swap? Got any closer pictures? I don鈥檛 love the look of the standard (how you can see the pipe in the tip).

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Should be as easy as removing a few bolts on the old, and tightening 3 bolts on the new tips (according to the amazon product page)
Precisely. Banging out the original ones was the toughest part. I just wrapped a towel around them and hammered them out since I dont have a rubber mallet. Easy upgrade

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Is that grey or silver color? Its hard to tell in the twilight. Also, what type of wax/sealant are you using?

Also, in case you were not aware, the Rav4H is eligible for access to the HOV lanes and free access to the new 95 Express lanes from Ft Lauderdale south. If you ever travel to Miami on 95 its a great help.

How are those tires in the rain? So far my factory Dunlops are good at around 10K miles.
Grey one here. I just put in the tires two days ago so haven't had too many opportunities in rain. But these tires have awesome reviews. They also come on the TRD off road model from the factory if I'm not mistaken

1 - 20 of 32 Posts