Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! Newbie here. I've been monitoring the very informative threads here on RAV4World for a few months now and FINALLY bought my baby: RAV4.3 V6 Sport 2WD with option package B (SR, GY, EJ, CF, CD, RL,FE) in Flint Mica (Sport exclusive color; simply brilliant in sunlight).

The shotgun online quote system worked out very well with many smaller dealers quoting lower than the Toyota behemoth (only MSRP -$500) in El Monte. My final price with one of the smaller dealers was around invoice with free lifetime oil changes (I'm changing to Mobil 1 after 3kmiles) In and out of the dealership in ~ 1hr. without the usual haggling (the finance dude tried to sell the LoJack and extended warranty which I declined).

First impressions: It appears that few people even recognize the new RAV 4.3 with many onlookers in other SUVs peering curiously. A careless driver merged over to my lane without looking (Hello! DRLs!)but my RAV's quick response dodged the fool without breaking a sweat. 8)

LOVE the V6!!! I'm taking it easy on the accelerator but on the freeway I easily hit 80mph with the tach at a leisurely 2000+ rpm. I KNOW it will get stronger after break in (with 22/29MPG to boot). No noticeable torque steer when I mashed the gas in the demo. The Fender flares and 18" wheels are too cool; provides a wider stance to balance the tall roofline. Surprisingly, the tauter sports suspension with the 18s ride very well over the pathetic so. Cal freeways. The interior quality surpasses my leather equipped 03 Infiniti G35 sedan (which I'm considering trading in for an 07 G35 in Oct). The Toyota quality is superb even in a $20k+ vehicle. :)

Only gripe: they drilled 2 ugly holes in the front bumper for the license plate but no biggie.

Overall: BEST auto purchase transaction ever! :D

Next up: Zaino! then Pics!

(Photos added 5-23-06)

only 3 coats of Zaino so far. :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The JBL isn't too shabby either; didn't notice any subwoofer buzzing even with the bass set at 5. :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I'm going to Zaino my RAV tomorrow and get some nice sparkling pics in the sun! 8) ( Immigrant protest day. My office manager decided to give all staff the day off b/c most of our clients are immigrants.....Aren't we all?) :p

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Added some pics of my RAV parked behind my office. Zaino'ed and front windows tinted. :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sweet. I share your same gripe about the front license tags.
Just wandering, how much did they offer the lowjack to you for? My dealer gave us ours for $300 which I thought was a pretty good deal. It would cost that much for a decent alarm system which is totally worthless anyway.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, folks! Yes, I applied the Zaino after letting my RAV's paint cure under the sun for about a week. 8) Zaino also protects paint better than most waxes (not as well as clear bra, of course). :D

The dealer offered me $500 ("at cost") for LoJack but I don't need it. $300 is a super deal, though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi RadRAV4,
I love that color!!
What do you have in the holes in your front bumper...screws? Is that a permanent solution for you? My new RAV also came with the holes already drilled in the bumper even though I don't need to mount a state plate. I was trying to come up with a solution like maybe making some sort of plugs and painting them with touch up paint to match. Not sure how this would really work out though. Have you given it any thought?
Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the compliments, folks! The Flint Mica really sparkles under the bright sun. 8)

Yes, those are the screws that came with the dealer plates. CA requires front plates :x so I'll just get some durable metal frames for both front and back. Some folks in states without mandatory front plates (lucky you!) do put small rubber plugs from hardware stores in those holes. Don't think touch up paint will adhere to rubber or plastic, though. :?:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I waited 9 weeks for the Flint Mica Sport model. At the last second, I bought a black Limited. I still think the Flint Mica is the best color on the RAV4. Your pictures make me realize what I'm missing. The black looks great too, but is a pain to keep clean.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The local dealers had several Sport V6 2WD RAVs in silver, black, white, and one Flint Mica (no JBL and the steering wheel audio controls). I almost purchased a black RAV (best mirror like finish when clean :thumbs_up: but very high maintenance :? ). Silver is TOO common but is VERY easy to keep clean (like my 03 G35). With Flint Mica, I get good surface reflectivity with almost the same maint. as silver. Glad I waited 1 week for my RAV! 8)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! I'm washing my RAV every 2 weeks and adding a few coats of Zaino each time. It's great that there's VERY little brake dust on the wheels compared to my other cars! :thumbs_up:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts