Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
SeriousBlack -

How much of the open sunroof does the deflector cover? Does it cut down on the opening? For instance how far from the front roof opening to the back of the deflector?

Have you noticed any difference in the wind buffering?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just installed toyota moonroof deflector and hood deflector on rav4,fairly simple to install,I really waxed the areas that the deflectors covered as it will be harder to clean in the future,both work well,the hood deflector will not rub against the hood as the mounting clips keep it from touching the hood.The moonroof deflector cuts out the airflow from coming into the vehicle.Takes about 1 hour to do for both.

·
Registered
75 Posts
OK, I installed the BeneVento hood protector a few weeks ago. Fit and finish is nice, looks real good. Obviously, it protects the front of the hood well, BUT, isn't this suppose to be a bug deflector? If so, it doesn't work worth a damn! I just returned from a 400 mile trip and the windshiled was full of bugs the entire time! It seems like the unit it too low to actually move the air stream above the glass, so the bugs just splatter on the windhield. Pretty disapointing, but again, it may be classified only as a hood protector and not a bug-be-gone.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought it for the hood protection. I'm not able to comment about the bugs since it's been raining here forever. It is low profile. The old bug deflectors were less aerodynamic.

·
Registered
177 Posts
roof deflector

Hi Serious, I tried to send you a PM to ask if you still have your sun roof deflector on the Blackmobile and it said you either do not have PM set up or you are not allowed to receive PMs. So I am posting here, hoping you see the message.

I have finally had weather good enough to open my sunroof, having bought my Rav4 in December and the annoying 'wowowowowow' noise at a speed over 25 or maybe 35 is not fun. So I wondered if the deflectors work and saw a post where you mentioned having one on yours, with a picture. I looked in your album but there are none that show the deflector.

Let me know...

Michelle

yesterday I installed the hood protector and wind deflector. Hard to see on a black truck 8) easy install and nice construction...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts