Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To start off, I purchased this 2010 rav4 limited in September with 78,xxx miles, with an impeccable service record. Unfortunately, I cannot find any of the original photos. A little history behind myself. I'm an automotive enthusiast! I've owned over 30 vehicles, everything from Jeeps to honda's.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I have a problem with keeping anything stock, and I have a deep passion for rally. Since a forester would have been over budget, I decided to get somthing that was by far, superior. First came the debadging, then, the plasti dip. After that, I had the windows tinted.

In April I installed 1.5" wheel spacers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Next, I needed a suspension over-haul. This thing drives like a boat in a lake! The results from the suspension upgrade were incredible! I couldn't be happier with the route I chose. I contiplated on getting spacers for months, but I couldn't deal with the soft suspension on a daily basis.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next! I want to get a decent set of headers and some mild tuning! I want to keep this soccer van for ever, so I really don't want to destroy the transmission.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's awesome! I've been interested in changing out the suspension on mine. What part exactly did you get? And did you change out the entire strut/shock assembly or just the individual spring? I'd be interested in changing the suspension on mine same as you did.

Also, you might want to get bigger tires. The rav4 comes stock with 225/65 but you could go to 235/70 or 245/65 without any rubbing. I'm running the 245/65r17 falken wildpeaks a/t trail. It really improves the looks, and makes it much better off road.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's awesome! I've been interested in changing out the suspension on mine. What part exactly did you get? And did you change out the entire strut/shock assembly or just the individual spring? I'd be interested in changing the suspension on mine same as you did.

Also, you might want to get bigger tires. The rav4 comes stock with 225/65 but you could go to 235/70 or 245/65 without any rubbing. I'm running the 245/65r17 falken wildpeaks a/t trail. It really improves the looks, and makes it much better off road.
I replace the struts, shocks and strut boots. I also replaced the rear toe arms with adjustable ones. When I do eventually replace the tires, Im just going to get some all terrains at the same size, since it is my dd. That time in my life for serious offloading has passed. I primarily needed this suspension upgrade for the mild trail and dirt roads that I drive on everyday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts