Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This being my first toyota after other in family being toyota fanboys. I truly believe the downfall to this cuv is its driver and passenger seats. I see lots of these on the road now. It truly is a popular car in the last month.

I do not see toyota, increase the comfort level on the seat at all in future models. My reasoning is like all makers of items, once the public gets glued to it. They figure why change a item that is making money for us. It really will be up to us to really complain and say make the seats more comfortable! Unless of course some other car company comes along and their cuv starts to sell better. Again I see more and more of these on the road. It might or already has turned out to be a popular cuv selling at low to high pricing with some cheap items in it. But isnt that what all others are doing too? Yes I am done complaining about the seats let others wave the seat flag. Wait might just be asking for what could I replace the seat with other toyota seat in the future.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I think most people are happy with the seats. There were just as many people complaining about the seats in the cx-5 forums, but again, most were happy with them. Fact remains that we are all different and no car is going to be comfortable for everyone.
The one thing I would change is the idiotic way the seat pivots at the front rather than actually raises the whole seat up uniformly. That is stupid.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am pretty happy with the seats in my 15 LE, they are way better then the ones in my last 4 Tacoma's that's for sure. I took my my Rav on a 3 hour trip last week and I was extremely comfortable the whole ride.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also I had a serious accident where my pelvis was broken. So I know this is part of the problem. My when I sit in my moms 07 accord. I do not have any problem. I only wish that they had more padding. Also I agree with you about the part of the seat that raises. I think my major complaint about it is the seat padding. I am still sticking with my complaint. They just made them cheap the seats.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Car manufacturers obviously design the seats "for the masses" so to speak. It has to be that way. I have a 2014 Rav4 -- and I got that two-tone color combo. It was really nice, and I liked it. Obviously that has nothing to do with the comfort, LOL.

Anyway, I am a big guy -- tall, 6'2, and big, broad, athletic, workout, etc. So, I am just a big guy. Comfort is no different for me that anyone else, but I do have to find a car/truck that I can fit into -- and once I do, like anyone else I want to be comfortable.

I think the seats, seating, etc. in the Rav4 is very good. Toyota has to have their seats appeal to the masses, and be OK, comfortable, attractive, etc. for as many people as possible. Sales! Revenue! LOL. Sure, they can make changes, do different things, but their mass market appeal is tantamount. For the truck it is -- it's very good. You want more luxury seating, more comfort, more, more, more -- you have to spend more. Are there people who find the Rav4 more comfortable that a MB ML350? I am sure there are. I am just not one of them. I have an ML, and it's twice as much money -- and therefore supposed to be "more" in many areas, and to me it is. However, I still like my Rav4 a lot.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm not sure how uncomfortable the cloth seats are, but the Softex-covered seats on my 2015 Limited are extremely comfortable. We did a 2,400 mile trip recently (I did a bulk of the driving) with nary an ache or pain. Great comfort and great driving position. No complaints.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Also I had a serious accident where my pelvis was broken. So I know this is part of the problem. My when I sit in my moms 07 accord. I do not have any problem. I only wish that they had more padding. Also I agree with you about the part of the seat that raises. I think my major complaint about it is the seat padding. I am still sticking with my complaint. They just made them cheap the seats.
What model do you have? (Sorry if I missed it)

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
I'm not THRILLED with the seat comfort in either one of our '08 models (both cloth) but they are acceptable. My '04 Accord (also cloth no power) were the best seats ever other than my '84 Buick. Those were sofas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We choose the Rav4 over the CX5 based entirely on the comfort of the Rav4 seats. We have XLE with cloth seats and are very happy with them. ( except the black shows ever spec of dirt. We did not get the limited when we found out the seats were not leather but "softex"; what ever that is.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not THRILLED with the seat comfort in either one of our '08 models (both cloth) but they are acceptable. My '04 Accord (also cloth no power) were the best seats ever other than my '84 Buick. Those were sofas.
Thank YOU! RTEXASF, I had the 03 accord. I will say that these probably will go down in all time seat comfort. Worked well for my thighs and arse and even had slight lumbar support. This is what i am talking about in seat comfort. Its not a case of more more. Its a case of you are asking people to spend more more so that you can pay your exec's more more. So all I am saying is that make the seat alittle more comfortable (cloth). Now I never own a camray (lol) but I am betting that those seats are probably more comfortable than my rav. You can still make a seat for the whole world to fit in and it still can be comfortable. Just add alitttle more padding. lOL. I recently sat in a 15 golf and the seat was very comfortable and that car is made for the masses. Only pointing out what was said. And yes not all seats fit all body types either. Also sat in a kia suv and hated the seat, reason why I did not buy it.

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
Now I never own a camray (lol) but I am betting that those seats are probably more comfortable than my rav.
They are indeed! Had a new one (2014 model) for two days while her V-6 water pump was being replaced. I also loved the fat steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Do the Camry seats fit in the RAV? How about the Corolla seats?
Isn't the RAV4 the 'station wagon' version of one of those models if you get my gist? Ta da...a possible solution!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Worst Seat I've ever had to deal with

I'm actually thinking about having the seats re-done. I love the car, but the seats hurt me to the point of almost not being able to walk, they are so hard and the sides are like sitting on bars under my legs. It's either that of get rid of the vehicle - I miss my Yaris which had nice (but cheap) seats that fit me perfectly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2017. I am 6.1 about 335 ant NOT athletic ��. I bought mine because of the seats. Had a Camry 2012 SE. Those seats were okay but man these are awesome. I have about 100 mile round trip to work everyday and love them. Now if I could just do something with this crappy JBL system I would be a happy man

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I'm actually thinking about having the seats re-done. I love the car, but the seats hurt me to the point of almost not being able to walk, they are so hard and the sides are like sitting on bars under my legs. It's either that of get rid of the vehicle - I miss my Yaris which had nice (but cheap) seats that fit me perfectly.

Get yourself one of them dual purpose orthopedic seat cushions that you can use indoors as well as in your RAV. I have one and it offers fantastic cushioning from the hardness of the seat - my 'back/butt' appreciates it! 0:)

Next thing I'd like to do is have that cushioning incorporated into both seats. :wink

·
Registered
330 Posts
Here are some examples of those seat cushions for the record books. The PIAA version is almost a gel like material (or maybe memory foam) with fabric on one side and synthetic leather on the other. Fabric side keeps cool in the summer time. I opted for the power seats in my Rav4 which give you a lot more adjustment options, including lumbar and heat.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.