Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

My front windscreen wipers are wobbling around in their posts / pivots

1051 Views 74 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  iowagold
My front windscreen wipers are wobbling around in their posts / pivots / drives, so are their bushes in these wiper posts ?, and can they be replaced easily, or can you do something with them to stop them wobbling ?
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
2023 Rav4 Prime XSE
209 Posts
My front windscreen wipers are wobbling around in their posts / pivots / drives, so are their bushes in these wiper posts ?, and can they be replaced easily, or can you do something with them to stop them wobbling ?
you probably did this but did you try tightening them? on my wife's old chevy prism (rebadged corolla) one of the wipers stopped moving and it turned out that the bolt had become loose so the motor was moving but the wiper wasn't fully attached.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you probably did this but did you try tightening them? on my wife's old chevy prism (rebadged corolla) one of the wipers stopped moving and it turned out that the bolt had become loose so the motor was moving but the wiper wasn't fully attached.
The inside of the posts have worn away, and can move them from side to side / up and down, they wobble about like crazy, i am thinking of maybe putting / spraying rubber / silicone inside the shaft, if no bushes available.

Unless anyone knows if i can get the AASY, in the US, and shipped to the Isle of Man cheaply ?

· Registered
2023 Rav4 Prime XSE
209 Posts
The inside of the posts have worn away, and can move them from side to side / up and down, they wobble about like crazy, i am thinking of maybe putting / spraying rubber / silicone inside the shaft, if no bushes available.

Unless anyone knows if i can get the AASY, in the US, and shipped to the Isle of Man cheaply ?
no idea on shipping to Isle of Man. there must be junkyards in the UK, right? I have to assume that shipping would be pretty cheap. I'd just start calling salvage yard type places and seeing if they'll ship to you. I bet one of them will.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no idea on shipping to Isle of Man. there must be junkyards in the UK, right? I have to assume that shipping would be pretty cheap. I'd just start calling salvage yard type places and seeing if they'll ship to you. I bet one of them will.
I have tried a lot of scrap yards in the UK, but not had any replies as yet, the only one i could find was in Lithuania, and they sent me the wrong part.

· Registered
294 Posts
Can you still buy the part new from a Toyota dealer? Maybe from an international shipping, online parts place like Amayama or PartSouq? If the car is in otherwise good condition and will be serviceable for a long time, and has utility to you, then it may be worthwhile to buy new parts, even it it ends up a bit expensive. The plastic cowl clips will probably break when removed, so order some new clips while you are at it.

· Registered
294 Posts
I do see non-oem options available at auto part stores online in the US. they don't ship internationally though.
Norspeed has a right-hand drive RAV4. On those models, the windshield wipers are mirror imaged and wipe the opposite direction. I would doubt if any USA parts places would stock parts specific for a RHD vehicle in an LHD market.

· Registered
2023 Rav4 Prime XSE
209 Posts
Norspeed has a right-hand drive RAV4. On those models, the windshield wipers are mirror imaged and wipe the opposite direction. I would doubt if any USA parts places would stock parts specific for a RHD vehicle in an LHD market.
right, I'm just saying if it's available here why not available over there?

what exact year are we talking about here? there are types of rav4s on UK parts websites that may not have been options here or had the same names. it seems really common to have very different engine options but it seems unlikely they are using different motors for the wipers.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts