Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me to find a new one?? I paid $130 or so for it 10 years ago or so, and last night it was STOLEN! I'm so afraid I'll never be able to replace it, and I'm CRUSHED!! It was light and dark grey with RAV4 across it. Thanks for any and all help,
Sad in Asheville
:crying

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
So what help are you asking for? :shrug: Where to find one or what?

·
Registered
654 Posts
good luck trying to find one
mine got wrecked and the last known price here in canada was 450 dollars

·
Registered
3,691 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
OMG! It never occurred to me that anyone would steal that cover! I'm going to go lock mine right away. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
105 Posts
By the way, has anyone ever tried painting the hard spare tire cover?
it feels like the same material as the bumpers. I want it to be fully black, but my friends think it's a bad idea. If I used trim and bumper paint, would it work out ok?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I painted mine semi gloss paint. Unfortunately, I cant remember 100% which paint it was but it was from a rattle can and I think it was paint meant for outdoor grills. In all the years it's been painted, it hasn't chipped at all. It's almost as if the paint bonded to the plastic or something. I even scratched at it to test it and it wont chip off. It was the grey part that I painted. I didn't even sand it down, I just cleaned it and sprayed it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I painted mine semi gloss paint. Unfortunately, I cant remember 100% which paint it was but it was from a rattle can and I think it was paint meant for outdoor grills. In all the years it's been painted, it hasn't chipped at all. It's almost as if the paint bonded to the plastic or something. I even scratched at it to test it and it wont chip off. It was the grey part that I painted. I didn't even sand it down, I just cleaned it and sprayed it.
Would you be able to send a picture of what it looks like? and would this maybe be it? Amazon.com: Rust-Oleum 241169 High Heat Ultra Enamel Spray, Black, 12-Ounce: Home Improvement

Thanks!:smile

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yea I think that may have been it. I'm pretty sure it was Rustoleum brand and I know for sure I bought it from Wal-Mart. I painted it maybe 5+ years ago. The paint has held up great all these years in the sun....at least for me. I'm not sure you would get the same results as I'm no expert in paints. I just sprayed my tire cover with that BBQ paint since it was all I had at the time.

I was busy taking out all my RAV4 interior pieces earlier and totally forgot to take a picture...and besides, it's nighttime. I'll take a pic and upload it tomorrow

1 - 17 of 17 Posts