Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I left Facebook "for a year" six months ago, because I was becoming too dependent on it for validation of my projects, and feeling like a tramp for doing so.

I leave Rav4World with a heavy heart, as this evening I was threatened with a Knife, by a psychotic passenger of a vehicle that almost destroyed the Rav4 GTT, by cutting me off in a traffic circle.

I captured the incident on my GoPro, and filed a police report.

The Rav4 GTT Is too nice, to let it become a victim of the type of drivers who occupy our streets.

It's coming off the road, and going onto the Track. It's getting torn down and I'm having a Cage put in it.

HVAC is coming out, custom race dash, pedals, racing buckets, fuel cell and a rear mounted Radiator with side air intakes on the rear quarter windows.

STOP USING YOUR PHONES WHILE DRIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GET A DASHCAM
USE YOUR ****ING TURN SIGNALS!!!
MATCH HIGHWAY SPEED IMMEDIATELY UPON ENTERING THE ON-RAMP!
GET OUT OF THE PASSING LANE IF YOU'RE GOING TO DRIVE LIKE A PANZY!!!
IF YOU CANT CHANGE YOUR OIL/TIRES YOU DONT DESERVE TO DRIVE
IF YOU HAVE **** TIRES ON YOUR CAR IN THE WINTER YOU DESERVE PRISON TIME
IF YOU TEXT AND DRIVE:

Note: If you text and drive. It will be proven in Court, that you sent texts, used your keyboard, while the GPS module inside it was in motion, above walking speed. You are an idiot if you think you can ever get away with texting and driving, WHEN you injure someone, or damage property because you just couldnt wait to text LOL to your BFF you WILL be prosecuted.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sorry to hear that, scary s***! I hope you're all OK.

I can see why you'd want to save it by taking it off the road, I drove my integrale less and less mainly cos of idiots. I instead drove my suzuki sidekick/tracker/vitara, which had tyres further out than the arches, a bull bar and tow bar, just missing side steps/bars. Hit that and you'll come off worse. However even that didn't stop all sorts of idiots trying and me having to avoid them.

There's no need to leave us though, we'd love to hear your continued updates on your GTT and it's new direction. But if you go, you'll be missed :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's too bad, there's unstable people out there and you just gotta hope you don't run into one of them on the road. Sorry to hear you leave the community because of that incident. I enjoyed seeing your build progress on the forums and your youtube channel. Good luck with the rest of your projects

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's too bad, there's unstable people out there and you just gotta hope you don't run into one of them on the road. Sorry to hear you leave the community because of that incident. I enjoyed seeing your build progress on the forums and your youtube channel. Good luck with the rest of your projects
I'm opinionated, I live on a knife edge of embarassing/humiliating myself. I'm trying to leave Rav4 on a "High Note". And ruining the moment by telling the truth.

leaving facebook, and then posting on Rav4world once a week isn't relieving myself of social media, it's supplementation.

If I was the one who first registered rav4world.com I would stick with it to the end, and go down with the ship if I had to. I am but a passenger guys.

This is my stop.

I got **** to do.

Rav4Life!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Well, rats! You will be missed.:crying I, for one, greatly enjoy your posts and have gotten ideas by what you have done to your GTT. But I also can understand your points.:mad: Glad to have had you with us. Drop in every once-in-a-while and keep us updated on your latest. It's been fun having you here..... See you on the road.....or the track.....>:D

·
Registered
599 Posts
Damn man, was just coming to ask what happened to your Youtube page, I was going to reference it in my camper build videos :( don't let one loonie get you down tho, if you have better things to do with your time, I can understand that, my new job is going to suck most of my free time up too and it will be hard, but letting a loonie with a knife get to you like that is sad :(. hate to see you go, good luck with the track car conversion.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Most unfortunate you have to leave the forum. Your contribution was highly appreciated..... Yeah, there are dunderheads out there that we have to live with. But you need not get put down by a lowlife. Wish you well though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dayum that sucks dude....dont mean to sound like a d*ck. but...mind providing a link to that GoPro footage? would be pretty cool way to leave these forums :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will level with Rav4world about WHY I left.

The guy who pulled a knife on me, couldnt identify me by my Licence plate, but obviously the Rav4 GTT is unique, and easy to spot.

I freaked out because the dude with the knife seemed to be from a "group" I recognize, and I brought the situation on myself, by Chasing the offending ******* who cut me off, to get his licence plate on Camera with my GoPro.

After arriving home, I got nervous about potential retaliation, and instantly deleted all of my YouTube Videos and Photos from Imgur.

I realize my actions were selfish and that stripping my photos from Imgur, destroyed all the links and Posts I made on Rav4World.

Its been a month since the Incident, and yes, I am regretful of my decision, knew it was my fault, and now am facing the consequences of seeing that my taking down all my videos was a dissapointment to others who enjoyed them.

Sorry guys. I was freaking out. "leaving Rav4world" was a way to prevent explaining the circumstances, and well, I miss you guys. **** sakes.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
WHAT?? Does this mean you are back with us? YAAAAAAAAAA........!!:D

I can identify with the incident you related. I have a unique RAV4 two door (did I mention CUTE?) with some very unique identifying features and every time I have even a minor run-in with some of the JERKS:twisted: that occupy our roads, worry that if I see them again (or rather if they see ME), simple honking and flipping me off may not be their solution. It amazes me how ANGRY :mad:we have become as a society. The typical humor my girlfriend and I exchange is: "They have guns.....!" said in jest but is more real than imagined.

If you are back: WELCOME BACK!!:smile I, for one, missed your posts. You are an inspiration to those of us who are looking to make our already really cool cars more uniquely OURS!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WHAT?? Does this mean you are back with us? YAAAAAAAAAA........!!:D

I can identify with the incident you related. I have a unique RAV4 two door (did I mention CUTE?) with some very unique identifying features and every time I have even a minor run-in with some of the JERKS:twisted: that occupy our roads, worry that if I see them again (or rather if they see ME), simple honking and flipping me off may not be their solution. It amazes me how ANGRY :mad:we have become as a society. The typical humor my girlfriend and I exchange is: "They have guns.....!" said in jest but is more real than imagined.

If you are back: WELCOME BACK!!:smile I, for one, missed your posts. You are an inspiration to those of us who are looking to make our already really cool cars more uniquely OURS!
Well, my desire to stay off social media, the internet, the computer, is rooted deeply. I NEED to get back down to earth, I took a year off Facebook because my family/friends are getting sucked into the 1 like=1 prayer Facebook propaganda nonsense, and it makes me sick, as mentioned I noticed I started posting alot more on Rav4World.com, ignoring my intention to spend more time outside, growing.

Although I really do enjoy posting on Rav4world.com, the "knife" incident reminded me of my goals for 2016, and how little time we have on this planet to do he things we truly enjoy, Rav4world is fun, but I'd rather share a beer with everyone around the open hood of one of our projects, than post here daily, wondering if anyone really gives a ****, or if I am just "showing off" and "supplementing" social media and real human interaction.

I am working on putting together a Blog for the Rav4GTT, so that there is a permanent record of all the mods and whatnot.

I keep bear spray handy now, and will be installing a new onboard CCTV system with a Terabyte DVR and four cameras to start getting record of the morons on the road

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Rav4World

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
I'm still wondering what a RAV4GTT is?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still wondering what a RAV4GTT is?
Credit for the "Model" 'Rav4 GTT' likely goes to the developer and original owner of the blog https://rav4gtt.wordpress.com and Prime Performance in New Jersey USA. http://www.primemr2.com/

I over the course of three months (five years planning and saving) built one of only Five ever documented and about 15-20 estimated World-Wide.

It's a Hybrid end-user concept whereby the Generation 4 3S-GTE Engine from the 1997-1999 Toyota Caldina GTT (3S-GTE ST215W) Engine, gearbox, ECU and fuel pump are transplanted into the SXA10/11 1995-1999 Toyota Rav4.

Here is mine.

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
Thank you for that. I am now enlightened.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts