Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My used 1996 Toyota Camry (Mileage 135K+) started giving me problems in mid 2005. That’s when I started thinking for a new car preferable a compact SUV. I am married with no kids yet so RAV4 and similar SUVs were perfect for us. In December 2005 my Camry finally gave me a hint that I should seriously be looking for new car.

I was pretty sure it will be either Toyota or Honda. After one month of research and debate between RAV4, CRV and Highlander keeping in mind our needs for next 5 years, finally we decided we will go for RAV4 2006.

I needed V6 power (Zoooooooom!) when I started shopping beginning Feb I was told V6 will not be shipping until March. I got Costco price quote, thru Edmunds.com and several other internet car sites. Almost all of the quotes were approx $500 below MSRP. Some even quoted full MSRP. I came across FitzMall.com and their GAITHERSBURG dealership had a better price quote of $500 above invoice price + tax, tags, registration and $99 processing fees. The salesperson was friendly and the whole shopping experience no-haggle. I made a refundable deposit of $500 and reserved a 2006 RAV4 Limited V6 model with following option: -

C4 - CARPETED FLOOR MATS
DK - OWNERS PORTFOLIO
EEJ - JBL AM/FM/CD CHANGER
EF - REAR BUMPER PROTECTOR
FE - 50 STATE EMISSION REQUIREMENTS
GY - DR/PASS CURTAIN/SIDE AIRBAGS
RL - DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS
SR - PWR TILT/SLIDE MOONROOF
TO - TOW PREP PACKAGE
WL - WHEEL LOCKS

There is now my new RAV parked in front of my home! I will upload some pictures soon. :D

I have been a silent reader of this forum and received a lot of useful information that helped me make this decision and I am totally satisfied with my purchase.

I am still looking for an aftermarket security alarm + remote starter. Can someone recommend any brand and model? :?:

Sandeep
Potomac Falls, Virginia.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Grats Sandeep! :)

I'm glad you found the RAV to be something you really, really like!

What does your "EF - Rear Bumper Protector" look like? Is it clear or black rubber? There's been no sighting of the black rubber one in the US, and if you indeed have it, many of us would be interested in getting one.

I almost went with Fitzgerald, but they didn't have what I wanted in stock or in the pipeline for a tolerable wait. If I weren't so impatient to get exactly what I wanted, I might have spent a little less money! :p

Remember that the Limited comes with engine immobilizer keys, and won't start without one of your three keys in the ignition. If you still want the security and remote start, I'd recommend the Toyota RS3200+ and remote starter, because then you don't have a key fob to carry around. I know it's pricey though, especially if installation is done at the dealership.

Welcome to the club! 8)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congrats Sandeep!

I have to second Tony's recommendation on the RS3200+. If you do a quick search, you can find some 4.3 threads on aftermarket alarms.

I'm still a little surprised at the price some dealers are quoting for the RS3200+ as a dealer install. There has got to be someone in the VA area that's not charging an arm and leg for it. I bought mine with the RAV and paid $295 installed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
karrock said:
Remember that the Limited comes with engine immobilizer keys, and won't start without one of your three keys in the ignition. If you still want the security and remote start, I'd recommend the Toyota RS3200+ and remote starter, because then you don't have a key fob to carry around. I know it's pricey though, especially if installation is done at the dealership.
http://www.toyotaownersonline.com/accessories/vip-security.php

There's a link to the VIP Remote starter, and it says it doesn't support the rav4.. :evil:

Has anyone purchased this and installed it in an 06/07 Rav4...??

oops.. I just noticed that it was an option for me on the website - $550 (Canadian).. :(
http://www.toyota.ca/NWS/media/custom/06rav4_remotestart.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts