Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Great pics!! The black looks sinister!!!!!!

Looking at your tires, it looks like you got the damn Duellers..

How do you like it so far?? What are you taking a trip?

Any issues or observations??

How do you like the 2.4??

what options?

You realize it was exactly one week to the hour that we got ours???

wow do I LOVE those wheels.. !!

Frank

·
Registered
771 Posts
Nice pictures! Cool RAV. I see they didn't change the tire selection since 1996. We all complain about them pretty much, Oh well there always aftermarket later.

Not a Fan of "stick on" wheel weights. You have to make sure they don't come loose especially in the winter. The balance is more precise with the "lip mount" weights, I'm surprised that Toyota chose this set-up for the wheels.

Nice all the same. Have fun. Get it dirty, the pictures look like you don't drive it.

Later. M. :)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flyingn said:
Great pics!! The black looks sinister!!!!!!

Looking at your tires, it looks like you got the damn Duellers..

How do you like it so far?? What are you taking a trip?

Any issues or observations??

How do you like the 2.4??

what options?

You realize it was exactly one week to the hour that we got ours???
Yeah! Got those Bridgestones. Should last two years than I will get Michlins like I did on the 96 and 01 Ravs. I noticed the moonroof has less wind noise than the others. Maybe I was going with the wind. The 2.4 seems about the same as the 2.0 in my 01 Rav. The extra .4 balances out the added weight nicely. Since the audio input is in the console, I sometimes forget to take my Ipod out. The JBL works perfectly playing MP3's. Switching from radio to CD to Ipod from the steering wheel is great. The auto dimming mirror with compass will be added next week. This is my third Rav and they keep getting better and better. Bought a new California Duster to help me keep it clean.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Re: My New Black Sport RAV

etop said:
Here are pictures of my new Black Sport RAV.
congrats. The pics are very nice, but I think it's BEGGING for a front spoiler/air dam...

Maybe that's part of my "bubbly" complaint. Hopefully someone will come along and offer a more masculine, edgy front spoiler.

Wayne

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice all the same. Have fun. Get it dirty, the pictures look like you don't drive it.

Just picked it up Monday evening and took the pictures on Tuesday. Since I am retired, I have the time to keep it clean. Plan to buy a pressure washer tomorrow to keep the wheel wells clean.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That black looks great..esp w/ those wheels...congrats on the new ride!

By the way, do you live in a castle? :p

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Rav, My Castle

Every time I get a new Rav, I go to the same place to take the pictures. It's like a tradition. Anyway, the backround is the Cornwall Furnace in Cornwall near Lebanon PA.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so sports have projectors in USA? I dont think other grades have them...?

·
Super Moderator
1,561 Posts
Yep... No HID's for the US...

One of a handful of features denied for our market... Just like a shorter wheelbase model, run-flat tires, spare-tire-free rear door, Navigation system, Bluetooth mobile phone integration, keyless ignition, diesel powertrains and CVT or manual transmissions, among others...

Some interesting new options (parking assist, iPod adapter, camping tent) have shown up in Canada's Accessory Configurator (thanks again to Kelly!), but have yet to make an appearance in the states. :cry:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
flyingn said:
Tony, HID's and projectors lamps are not the same thing. :)
I had HID's on my 98 GS400 and they were cool. Had many flashers coming my way and it got annoying. You can alway spot them coming your way. If there is a problem with them, it will clean out your bank account.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To bad Black is so hard to keep clean. So far I am keeping up with it. I would like a recommendation as to what brand of wax to use on Black to keep it looking like new. Also bought a Husky power washer at Home Depot for $99. (1750 psi).

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
puttputt said:
etop said:
To bad Black is so hard to keep clean. So far I am keeping up with it. I would like a recommendation as to what brand of wax to use on Black to keep it looking like new. Also bought a Husky power washer at Home Depot for $99. (1750 psi).
Love black but I'm way too lazy to maintain its beauty. I started a new post in Misc. (Wax on, wax off) on Zaino products. I'll post results there when I use the products this weekend.
To make washing easier, I used my new power washer. Works like a charm, especially the wheel wells. Highly recommended for those who want to save money in the long run.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts