Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching for the perfect car, we finally settled for a 2006 RAV4 Cruiser L. And we love the pearl white color too!

More pictures to come once I get some time to prep the car for a photo shoot!

Initial thoughts are that the RAV4 handles almost (!) like a sports car but the I4 could probably use a little more power. Too bad they don't sell the V6 down here in OZ.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congrats Rav42go, beautiful car!

What reason does Toyota give for not offering the V6 down under? I know in Europe it comes down to high insurance and high gas prices, but you guys are no stranger to large displacement engines...The Holden for example comes to mind.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I hear, the V6 is not offered here in Oz coz Toyota is afraid that the V6 RAV4 might hurt the sales of the Kluger (the Highlander in the US) which only comes with a V6.

Whatever the reason, the I4, although adequate, does not have the extra umph that the V6 has. I'm just hoping that the I4 is as economical as advertised...

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyota is definitely losing sales in Australia.

Being from Australia. I had 4s, V6s and V8s. The mentality in Australia is very much like it is in the USA. You buy the bigger engine because you can! :D

I know the demand for the V6 in Australia is definitely there.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, I'm pretty sure Highlander sales are suffering here in Canada with the V6 RAV on the block. Thank God we've got it, I would't have looked Toyota's way if I hadn't heard what they were sneaking under the hood.

Love that name though, KLUGER, sounds like a WW2 German Tank!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts