Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I thought after all the research I had done I was completely prepared for my new purchase. I am the owner of a 2001 RAV LE and knew that I wanted a new RAV4, as my previous car had given me no mechanical trouble to speak of but cosmetically speaking, looked a little worse for the wear. I had been to a few showrooms and finally decided I would be purchasing either a magnetic gray or super white XLE this time.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted an XLE in the color Hot Lava (burnt orange exterior, black interior). A couple hours later that sassy color was still lingering in the back of my mind. I had just read an article called "The One Question You Need to Ask Yourself To Live Authentically." In it, author J. Aluma suggests that if you want to become a more authentic reflection of your true self, simply ask the question: "Am I the kind of person who (fill in the blank)?" So I asked myself, "Am I the kind of person that would drive a Hot Lava Rav4" and the answer came back a surprising "Yes!" Funnily enough, the very first car I ever owned was an orange Volkswagen Beetle. Anyway, I can't say I negotiated either a super deal or a poor deal, but I did my best and I've had a smile on my face ever since!

My beauty has only a few options, like the power liftgate and roof rack cross bars, but I have already ordered a custom car cover, seat covers, LampGuard for headlights, and appropriate hog hair brush and microfiber cloths for washing and pampering the incredible cilajet clear coat the dealership conceded in the negotiation. I am expecting to have Guardpoint (a new version of LowJack) installed soon.

I've read many of the existing threads with interest and thanks, and look forward to asking your opinions on lots of ways to trick out my new investment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats- we just got an LE in Hot Lava- cool car. Yeah, the color got me too! Rock On pumpkin spice ravs!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts