Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gonna say that if you have the JDM twin lights and the Impact bumper it looks REALLY cool and hot (see ALBUM below), but

- if you wanna have everything open under your engine and have a chance to brake radiator hoses, fog lights wires, bumper holders and etc, I wouldnt suggest to buy it.

The Impact bumper doesnt have any protection under the lower spoiler. It holds only with 3 little arms to the frame. You will barake them quite easy. My lower arms came up already broken from the dealer and while I put clips on to hold the fenders and the bumper, these little arms also have got broken. The quality of JDM Impact bumper is REALY BAD.

After you installed the bumper you got too many spots opened for mud, water and there are no protection or covers.
I guarantee that it is really bad idea to drive a vehicle with Impact bumper during the winter!
Also if you`ve got Imact bumper you should go for at aleast 18` rims, because it looks like that the wheel openings are too big for stock 16 riims.

Multi color Fog lights using h3 bulb are not powerful at all. our stock 9006 bulbs are much better than H3 (although h3 produces 1485 lumens vs. 9006 giving only 1100 lu output). You wont be able to use HID with H3 foggies, because they are too slim and you wont be able to close the cover or you have to make a hole in the cover and seal it afterwards. Also any rebased h3 bulb will scratch the central ball in the housing. Light outout is TOTALLY sucks! It looks like youve got a X-mas tree rainbow.

Also you will need to replace your 9006 fog lights sockets to h3. It takes about 15 mins to figure out how to remove inner clips from the sockets.You have to tie your wiring after installation yours new h3 sockets, otherwise wires will fall down on the road. The wires are too long, because ot two different connectors they use.

Be prepared after you installed your fog lights you wont have a chance to remove them. If you will need to replace a bulb, you have to remove whole bumper, there is no way to get it out easy if you arent an acrobat.

The weight of the bumper is 33 lb, it comes in the HUGE box. delivery costs $302.97 from Tokio by EMS to any West coast in the US/Canada.If you wanna use UPS it will cost you $375, but you dont need to pay custom fees.

Therefore, it is good to know about these little things before you will spend your money.

I`m coming back to my previous style and will sale the Impact bumper.

It is NOT a practical and good only for SUMMER and pretty much good ROADS. Even with my extra 4 cm ground clearance it lowers a car.

H

·
0 Posts
Never even saw that sort of bumper until now, not bad, but rather go with the brush guard myself. This is no offense meant to you, but the problem I have with the headlight covers and the grills and all the other things is...yes it looks good, but everyone's RAV4 ends up looking exactly the same. There are only so many parts to buy for it, so everyone seems to get the same modifcations.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I love that bumper, just stated a few things you wanna be aware if you wanna get it. if I could and prolly I will try to customize somehow underneath compartment and will cover all of these empty holes everywhere, put some metal protectors etc. I already have some ideas about that, but it involves too much work to find the proper stuff and I dont have it for now.

I agreed, to have a steel bumper guard is good especially in these places where pleny deers or mooses crossing the roads. I almost hit a few of them, thanks God I was able to slim on my brakes. And youare right that everybody looks alike with our RAV. For instance while I`m driving I see how it attracts everybody attention, I went to dealer to fix my AT and all of them right away walked out from the showroom and started to check whats that "Special Edition Type S" :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts