Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Motorola Moto G3 (3rd generation Moto G). Tried to pair it today and the system doesn't see it. Found a list of compatible phones and the Moto G is not on it. In fact, nothing later from Motorola than the 2014 Moto X is on the list. FWIW, my phone pairs on my 2013 Accord. Not a huge deal since my wife is the primary driver but disappointing.

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a Motorola Moto G3 (3rd generation Moto G). Tried to pair it today and the system doesn't see it. Found a list of compatible phones and the Moto G is not on it. In fact, nothing later from Motorola than the 2014 Moto X is on the list. FWIW, my phone pairs on my 2013 Accord. Not a huge deal since my wife is the primary driver but disappointing.
I have a Moto G, got it early 2015 and it is paired to both my 2014 Camry Hybrid and 2016 Rav4 Limited Hybrid. On both vehicles it paired on the first try and took less than 2 minutes. Using Android version 5.1. My carrier, if that makes a difference, is Consumer Cellular and they use the AT&T network.
Camry LE has base radio and the Rav has the JBL premium audio. Suggest trying again, have the manual handy just in case something was missed.. Good luck.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Moto G, got it early 2015 and it is paired to both my 2014 Camry Hybrid and 2016 Rav4 Limited Hybrid. On both vehicles it paired on the first try and took less than 2 minutes. Using Android version 5.1. My carrier, if that makes a difference, is Consumer Cellular and they use the AT&T network.
I'm also with CC but I'm on Android 6.0. Maybe that's the difference (although I'm not sure why a later Android version would cause a problem. I'll play with again tomorrow while my wife is driving.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got similar problems with my SONY Z5P after installing Marshmallow (A6), if I get it to pair with entune the pairing will be forgotten at next try, hopefully this bug will go away when I get Android 7.0 Nougat. Shall try my backup phone, Huawei P8 still on Lollipop (A5).
edit
The Huawei with Lollipop did pair flawlessly so thereby I assume the problem can probably be android related and might hopefully get a fix in the future. But if it is entune that needs a fix we might be stuck due to entunes lack of support and updates.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried again to and it worked! Not sure why. I don't think I did anything different but the car was off (ignition on) and not moving. That's probably it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts