Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My pictures are in my gallery! Plus the shirtless picture. :oops: lol..... anyways have a look. Included in my rav4 are side window visors, hood deflector, chrome exhaust tip, sunroof deflector, brushed aluminum side step bars, its the limited model with fender flares. Have a look and tell me what you think. I still have a few future mods, these are all genunine toyota stuff.

Future:

Chrome handles, Japan JDM tail lights, fog horn, 20" chrome rims with tires, GPS navigation.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Hood Scoop

MoonRav4 said:
csis_agent, where did you get the hood scoop? Nice looking car....
This is a Limited, correct ?
Mine is the limited yes. The one with the hoodscoop is my previous 2003 model, they aren't the same vehicles :p

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats!! Great pics as well! I know you had a hard time deciding what you were going to get...looks like you're pretty happy!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting...I had not seen the limited with the fender flares added. Would you mind sharing the cost of that option?

Even though I know they are just cosmetic, I think the vehicle looks better with the flares. I've been considering the Sport model partly for this reason, but if I may consider going w/ the limited if I can add the flares :idea:

The black looks great BTW...congrats!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Yes, Toyota Canada's strategy is to sell vehicles with option packages rather than the more à la carte way they do in the US. If you buy the Limited V6 with "package B" here you get the fender flares.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice car csis_agent!

I am new to this site, but I have already learned a bunch of stuff about my RAV4 that i'm about to purchase tomorrow.

I'm torn between the Blizzard White and the Black colour, does anyone know if both of these colours are metallic?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice looking RAV. I like the SS tip - may get one for mine. Not a big fan of the tailights you guys get up there. Interesting you get a soft cover for the spare also. Guess thats an even tradeoff for the fender flares :wink:

Edit: nevermind - just realized you had pics of an older rav mixed in there.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SurrealCivic said:
Nice car csis_agent!

I am new to this site, but I have already learned a bunch of stuff about my RAV4 that i'm about to purchase tomorrow.

I'm torn between the Blizzard White and the Black colour, does anyone know if both of these colours are metallic?
The black is not a metallic colour. Blizzard is a metallic colour. The black is stealth looking especially when cleaned :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I gotta agree, it does look like a stealth when its that shiny and clean!

So the Blizzard Pearl is Metallic, how about the Alpine White? I would think it would be similar to the Black, not metallic but sleek looking.

csis_agent said:
SurrealCivic said:
Nice car csis_agent!

The black is not a metallic colour. Blizzard is a metallic colour. The black is stealth looking especially when cleaned :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SurrealCivic said:

So the Blizzard Pearl is Metallic, how about the Alpine White? I would think it would be similar to the Black, not metallic but sleek looking.

Alpine white is not metallic. Blizzard pearl is a special 3 coat paint at an extra charge only on limited models in Canada.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
csis_agent said:
SurrealCivic said:

Alpine white is not metallic. Blizzard pearl is a special 3 coat paint at an extra charge only on limited models in Canada.
That is not good then..

I spoke with my father today and he has been working in the automotive industry for over 20 years, as a steel engineer. The colour 'white' is the worst colour when it comes to rust tests. He says that the non-metallic, especially White, colours fail the most often when it comes to rust tests. fyi

1 - 15 of 15 Posts