Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh. So my 1997 RAV 4door has had some "issues" with the drivers side door. For the last month or two my key couldn't open the door. No biggie, I just used the automatic locks on the passenger side.

Well last night we had a snow storm and the tempature dropped significantly. Most of the doors were frozen shut, but I was able to get the open. Except of course for my drivers side door.

It feels like it is locked, not frozen. Even the indoor handle is kinda screwed up - popping out a bit.

Anybody have some tips how to cure my door problem? I have to drive from Boston to Columbus, OH tomorrow morning (ugh). Am I stuck hurling myself over from the passenger side? Would it be cheaper to have a locksmith look at the door or should I pay Toyota $$$ to figure out the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Annemarie

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
RAV4's have a problem when it gets real cold the door won't open or sometimes won't close I run into thid problem onces in a while the way to fix it . I dont know but I notice that if you warm up the car in the morning with heater in full blast it will unfreeze doors remote start

1 - 3 of 3 Posts