Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. I have spent a lot of time braging about absolutely no scratches or SWIRL marks on my RAV.

Ladies and Gentlemen........ That era has ended........ I am so stupid. Who would like to volunteer to beat me senselessly?

Since the RAV is the main family machine, it gets used like a MULE all day long like me. We were transporting a Queen size MATTRESS on my lugguage rack. Brought it home. It was, ofcourse, covered in plastic. It was heavy and 2 people had placed it on the roof so no car surface was touched.

When taking it off I could not keep it away from the body and it seemed to touch the body when sliding down (Rear left passenger door). No I did not ask my WIFE for help. I am a MAN.. Remember?

I thought it was ok and took mattress inside but when I came out, I saw the damage and cried like a baby all night.

U know how you look at the paint at a certain angle and you see a cluster of one direction SWIRL mark style scratches. Since my RAV is black, those were really visible, that "white" look.. I washed it, treated it, KISSED it, but it won't go away......... IT IS PERMANENT.

My wife's comments, "Did you expect to keep it scratch free forever as a family car? Get over it.... "

My sister's comments, "Get a real problem."

I blame it on the move from Michigan to Kentucky and settling the new house. Too much involved. Too much work and frustration. This was inevitable........ but I did it myself which is what kills me. No parking lot car or my wife's nails or my son's numerous "attempts" to clean the RAV4 with rocks did anything but it was ME.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Try some Meguiars Scratch-X, I use the stuff all the time and it works great so long as the scratches don't go all the way through the paint.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't worry man... u got a new house... soon enough u'll get a new car lol.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ultima16888 said:
don't worry man... u got a new house... soon enough u'll get a new car lol.
With my wife's house furnishing plans? May be in year 2016. No stick shifts by then !!!!

But thanks for the support guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts