Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife recently purchased 2006 Rav V6,early this morning I went outside and noticed a light flashing in the Rav,looking closer I could see a blue light blinking on/off left side of steering column towards bottom of dash.she looked in owners manual and nothing there referenced this light,could this be aftermarket? If anyone can tell us what this might be for it would be appreciated.Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would this be determined?and would it work with oem remote key?would not want to activate or inactivate without knowing results.Thanks

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,531 Posts
How would this be determined?and would it work with oem remote key?would not want to activate or inactivate without knowing results.Thanks
If the former owner were kind and considerate, they would have left the instructions to the alarm system in the glove box. If not, you would need to take it to a car audio or alarm shop and see if they can identify it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will check box although doubtful it's there,we had to order owners manual asit was missing.Thanks for quick replies to yourself and WJBertrand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please don’t mind that I’m commenting on a 6 year old thread, but I just picked up a 2007 Rav4 and it seems to have a similar blue light. It is always illuminated, and it’s mounted to the left of the steering wheel, to the right of the instrument light dimmer dial. Here is a picture.

Did you ever figure out what your light was for?

Aftermarket security system makes sense. My light is so bright that it makes driving at night difficult, I’ll have to cover it or disconnect it somehow if it doesn’t have a useful purpose. I’ve searched for info on this in the manual and online to no avail.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Please don’t mind that I’m commenting on a 6 year old thread, but I just picked up a 2007 Rav4 and it seems to have a similar blue light. It is always illuminated, and it’s mounted to the left of the steering wheel, to the right of the instrument light dimmer dial. Here is a picture.
View attachment 146513
Did you ever figure out what your light was for?

Aftermarket security system makes sense. My light is so bright that it makes driving at night difficult, I’ll have to cover it or disconnect it somehow if it doesn’t have a useful purpose. I’ve searched for info on this in the manual and online to no avail.
That light is not factory. It could be an alarm light or a fake light to scare any one thinking there is an alarm installed. You can easily pop the cover off to cut the wires but only cut one at a time so you don't blow the fuse.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
It certainly looks like an aftermarket alarm system. Is that just a light, or is it a button?
Just be careful if you disconnect it, that you don't screw something up! Do you have a car audio/alarm shop nearby that might know what it is?

·
Super Moderator
10,937 Posts
That is indeed an aftermarket alarm system. I still have one from my alarm system that the dealer screwed up......Bless their hearts (n) It has been replaced by a new system and the light disconnected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone! It is a button that I can press but nothing happens. I will go about disconnecting it as I have no need for it, and the car seems to have an OEM red flashing light for the same purpose.

Thanks again—I have found a lot of useful information on this forum and really appreciate the quick replies! Love the V6 on my RAV4 so far!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts