Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was vacuuming my RAV out after and I noticed this connector under the drivers seat. I hadn't been looking under there because the previous owner that I bought it from had had the interior detailed before selling it! At first, I didn't think much of it until I noticed that two of the wires were cut from the harness and spliced together.

My question is, does anyone know what this is supposed to go to?

A little info on my RAV4: 1999 5-door, AT, 4WD, L. Window stickers and little green light on the left side dash says it has the Toyota Security but I did not get any factory fobs for it. I did find that the first owner, I am the third, had installed an aftermarket alarm for keyless entry and remote starting.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Toyota used the VIP-3000 security system for most of the 1999 US models, and the main box mounted under the drivers seat. The splice could have been done when the other system was installed. Remote start would be nice. The stock system only did the door locks and the alarm.

Reactions: SpFstr

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspected as much but was looking for clarification. The second owner didn't even know about the aftermarket setup, as there weren't any fobs for that either. I just got a warning about the doors locking automatically after start up and to be careful not to lock myself out. A little under dash diving and I found the module and purchased the appropriate fobs. Keyless entry and remote start are nice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts