Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I recently had my 10k service a couple of weeks ago on my 2020 XSE Hybrid. While gassing up today, I noticed today that there is this random switch I’ve never seen before to the right of my gas tank release button and the hood release... what the heck is that? It looks like there’s a couple lights on the front part and there is a round button I can click underneath. When I click it, nothing happens on my dashboard. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE
15 Posts
I have the exact same light/attachment on my 2020 XLE Hybrid. My guess is some kind of security system. If it's a tracker of some kind, I'd like to know about it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not on my 2020 RAV4 Hybrid XLE (Mfg date 12/19, made in Canada)...

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime max trim
266 Posts
I’m guessing original dealer tracing device! What can I win?

·
Registered
211 Posts
On a separate thread for an earlier build it looks similar to the “Karr” brand alarms used by dealers to discourage theft.

That alarm is supposed to be disabled when you buy the car so it should just be sitting there unused.

I’m surprised that they install the button in a way where it would leave holes on the factory trim instead of say, tucking it underneath a dash panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I recently had my 10k service a couple of weeks ago on my 2020 XSE Hybrid. While gassing up today, I noticed today that there is this random switch I’ve never seen before to the right of my gas tank release button and the hood release... what the heck is that? It looks like there’s a couple lights on the front part and there is a round button I can click underneath. When I click it, nothing happens on my dashboard. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Check out his thread, it appears to have be a similar same weird non-functional button in the same location:
What is this button by hood release? Tpms reset? | Toyota RAV4 Forums (rav4world.com)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Pretty sure it is a dealer installed device for security or tracking.

Mine has a GPS tracking device installed but inside the same panel (attached to a metal part). I paid $300 more for the device since they did not want to uninstall it and I want to buy the 2020 TRD in a hurry.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
462 Posts
Pretty sure it is a dealer installed device for security or tracking.

Mine has a GPS tracking device installed but inside the same panel (attached to a metal part). I paid $300 more for the device since they did not want to uninstall it and I want to buy the 2020 TRD in a hurry.
I wouldn't have paid extra for a gps tracker. I would have charged them extra for it, or told them or remove it.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
My dealer wanted to charge me $500 to add an alarm to a Limited which already has an alarm. Mine came from a different dealer and the "normal" lot alarm hadn't been installed yet. At first I went with it but later was able to stop them. Mainly because I found out it was a KARR system which would have chopped up the factory wiring harness. I stopped them and got my $500 refunded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 163529
It’s a fake alarm not a OEM Toyota Alarm and they also, cut your wire and drilled by the light sensor. In the future your car will lose value

·
Registered
45 Posts
To the OP, what did your selling dealer/service department tell you it was when you asked them about it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts