Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, this is such a basic question and my googling skills are failing me here.

I need to replace the fusebox attached to the red battery terminal in my 2000 Rav4. But I can't find a place to buy it online because I'm probably using the wrong words.

Here's the piece I'm talking about...what is it called? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's very helpful. How did you find the answer, did you look at a certain diagram? If so, which one? Maybe if I could find the diagram for my car, I could find the exact part number I need.

So far, I've only been able to find this part online for models 2001 and later. Any ideas on where I could find it for a 2000 model? Or any ideas if the fusible link block assembly from later models will also work?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,730 Posts
Thanks, that's very helpful. How did you find the answer, did you look at a certain diagram? If so, which one? Maybe if I could find the diagram for my car, I could find the exact part number I need.
Go to this site and register with your VIN or chassis number:

ToyoDIY.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks @JuneBug for ToyoDIY! That site is incredible.

However, I'm still having issues finding the part number for the block itself, the plastic casing and connections that surround the fusible links. I just want to be able to order this part online, does anyone have advice on how to find it? I can find the part number for a newer model of RAV4, but not for mine.

The different things I've tried are detailed below.

Thanks!

--

On ToyoDIY, the only thing I can find in diagrams for my Chassis # are the fusible links, not the block that holds the links.

For example, my chassis category is: 02/2000 TOYOTA RAV4 (SXA11L-AWPGKA) the only parts I find are

82210C FUSIBLE LINK
90982-08203 80A, TERMINAL:MALE
90982-08228 50A, TERMINAL:MALE

82210B FUSIBLE LINK
90982-08202 60A, TERMINAL:MALE
90982-08246 100A, TERMINAL:MALE

However, for a more recent model, 08/2000 TOYOTA RAV4 (ACA20L-AZMNK), I can find the number for the block itself.
82620A BLOCK ASSY, FUSIBLE LINK
82620-42040

Is this block likely to fit my older model?
Is there a general fusible link block that would be an okay replacement in my car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I know. I had a really bizarre fault in my car and the black box around the colored fuses/fusible links *melted*, it can no longer hold a fuse properly, now there's just a direct connect wire which is dangerous. I would really like to replace the black box, but I can't figure out how to order the part!

Does anyone have ideas? I sure thought this was going to be much simpler, but I can only find the fuse box for more modern versions, I don't know if they're compatible with the first generation of RAV4's...

·
Super Moderator
10,147 Posts
I suspect you'll have to buy a used one at a salvage yard.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
First you should check the RAV4 manual. Or, go to ToyoDIY.com. Checkout the part and part number. When I took it out, it had two 12mm screws and a lot of wires coming out of the box. They have a specific position, so you should take pictures and color tape them, just in case. The problem are going to be the length of the wires. I think they go into the body thru gourmets. Last resort, go to a Toyota dealer and have them do it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Around here most of the auto-part stores have them, as well as many other stores.
I can't say more than that, because I don't know where you are.

Toyota calls the fuse holder, "Fusible Link Block", part number 82620-42020 for 1999 model.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm seeing all the stores having 60 amps but not the 50 amps. Can hardly even find them online

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes I contacted the dealers I'm actually using the same ordering system that they have access to. It's still displays things that's discontinued and whatnot the fuses aren't in their system. The only source on seeing is through eBay and it has to come from China.
The only places locally or really mostly online with any parts stores is a 60 amp.

Round about this not even the right fuse. Attached is a pic of the fuse.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Go to junkyard and pull what you need
Yeah I'm not gonna go pull old fuses. I'd rather order from China.
There really isn't even any junk yards around me with any first generation rav4s anyway

·
Registered
609 Posts
You are right I just grabbed a red 50 amp fuse because I didn't know your location.
That is an odd fuse you are trying to find! The books for the US model list the 50 amp fuse as a female so I can see why you are having trouble finding the opposite type, I wonder what Toyota was thinking.

Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
807 Posts
There really isn't even any junk yards around me with any first generation rav4s anyway
Assuming you reside in North America, the red 50A male fuse (#90982-08228) was also found in the following Toyotas:

(http://www.rav4world.com/forums/members/albums/37389-mick-hatzo/used-forums-8706-picture50274-fusible-link-cross-reference.png)

Also, that part number APPEARS to be available on several Toyota online parts stores, but you have probably already checked that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts