Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RAV4 got new in Dec2013. Purchased with NAV/back up camera/ and Bluetooth. Touching the onscreen alphabet to enter the address, or touching the audio button to adjust speaker balance, or to see "text" to see the full name of a song, Seems like the alphabet alignment is out of line.
Example: If i press the letter A i get the letter 3 spaces to the right... this is on ALL rows of letters.... so i have to press 3 spaces to the right... Which means if i'm entering a street address, I just can't.... especially if i want the last letter on the right, i cannot get that letter. I have tried using my pinky finger, the eraser of a pencil, the cap of a magic marker, you name it i cannot get the letters... Anyone else have this problem ? is there a secret to getting the letters to line up again? Thanks!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
This smells like a touch screen "damage" issue. I've done development since 2004 on touchscreens, and once calibrated, the only time I have ever seen the calibration fail is due to failure of the physical device. Based on the nature of my 2018, I'd guess it's a resistive overlay and not a capacitive like most smartphones. One of the rows has shorted or something...

Search this forum, but I think you're looking at an upgrade. Most of the time when I've had to deal with issues like this, the customer admitted to physical damage (my items live in a factory).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This smells like a touch screen "damage" issue. I've done development since 2004 on touchscreens, and once calibrated, the only time I have ever seen the calibration fail is due to failure of the physical device. Based on the nature of my 2018, I'd guess it's a resistive overlay and not a capacitive like most smartphones. One of the rows has shorted or something...

Search this forum, but I think you're looking at an upgrade. Most of the time when I've had to deal with issues like this, the customer admitted to physical damage (my items live in a factory).
Thank you,,
if it helps, everything else works fine, it's ONLY the line up of the letters, in each row, whether i'm typing in the address, or, in radio function, trying to click the 'speaker' icon to adjust the speakers (front/back/bass/treble/mix) etc... i'ts just not possible ;-(
so you think i'ts going to require an upgrade of the whole unit?
othewise, i read somewhere a thing about replacing the fuse..... which i haven't tried yet....
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.