Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took approx 600km trip each way this weekend. I find the NAVs estimate of arrival time way off. It over estimated about an hour on this long of a trip. Now, I drive mainly 10-15km over the limit. I'm assuming the NAV is estimating using the exact speeds on the roads?

When I had my previous car (Lexus CT200h), it had a setting where you could tell the system what your speed is usually in different zones, i.e. in City driving I could tell the system I normally did 60 kph. It highway driving I could tell it I did 110kph driving. I don't see anywhere on our Nav system how to do this. I guess there isn't a way?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I found my Prius V that had NAV had this issue too. And so does my RAV4 (Just drove 450+ miles and I actually got home and hour prior to its initial estimate (And I drive the speed limit).

I found my Garmin standalone unit and googlemaps are more accurate.

·
Registered
258 Posts
We just took an 1800 mile trip this last week and the Garmin unit was within a few minutes. If I drive faster than the speed limit then my arrival time will change as I drive. If we stop or get hung up in traffic, then the Garmin makes changes to our arrival time. You would think the NAV would do the same thing.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it did change the arrival time as we got closer come to think of it. But when starting out, and you're trying to figure out when you will arrive, that's when the estimate is way off.

We just took an 1800 mile trip this last week and the Garmin unit was within a few minutes. If I drive faster than the speed limit then my arrival time will change as I drive. If we stop or get hung up in traffic, then the Garmin makes changes to our arrival time. You would think the NAV would do the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts