Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 XLE with navigation. In a prior car (MDX) with auto on/off headlights the navigation screen would switch between day and night modes depending on lighting.

The XLE doesn't have auto headlights but I've noticed the nav screen going to night mode during the day when going through a tunnel or underpass.

If it does have a sensor, which I'm guessing it must, where is it located?

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
'15 XLE does it as well.
I with my '16 Corolla did... it's a pain having the display go dark when I run the headlights in the rain or fog.

I believe the sensor is on top of the dash.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe if you turn the dashboard lighting up to the max (when you feel it click) the brightness on the nav should remain bright, regardless if the headlights are on or if under dark situations. It is not convenient to have to do this but it is a way around it if you do not want the nav to go into night mode during rain showers, for example.

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts
The sensor on my limited hybrid is right in front of the driver near the windshield, if was more toward center on my 2015 limited.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I found the sensor to the left of the dash vent. I thought it was a dummy, but apparently I was?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts