Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my new 2015 Rav4.. I love everything about the car except for the guidance system. I want to remove the head unit and replace with one of the China built units that run the android system. Has anyone ever removed one of the gps head units? Is there any reason that the China built units will not fit once i remove the gps head unit? I have been told that if the car has factory GPS that the china built ones will not work. Unfortunately the manufacturer has fairly broken english and i don't think they are understanding my questions. Hopefully someone out there has done this and can confirm for me.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I want to replace head unit too. Could you tell me where you find aftermarket unit? I've found one

Quad Core 1024*600 Android 4.4.4 Fit Toyota RAV4 2013 2014 2015 Car DVD Player GPS TV 3G Radio WIFI Bluetooth-in Car DVD from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

But I have a lot of questions on that unit. 1. I don't know if I can directly plug in all original connectors. 2. If I need to buy cambus. 3. It says this is quad core unit. But actually it is duo core (need to pay $28 more for quad core)

I've chatted with the seller. He said that if my RAV4 has original navigation installed, I cannot replace with his unit. He doesn't know why.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts